Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lip spoiler on boot

Forum Key Rings
    bit of a daft question but why do some insignias not have the small lip on the boot seen quite a few on a 64 plate without one , was it possibly for the earlier models,to make it look bigger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the spoiler is part of the SRI trim, so a lesser spec model will not have it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense but seen them on non sri's too

Car
    1.5T SRi Nav Grand Sport, lava red, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys to play with!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking through an old mk 1 brochure from 2012, the spoiler seems to be standard on all models (my 2013 CDTi SE had one}. However, the 2017 GS brochure suggests that the Design did NOT have a boot spoiler, yet I've never seen a GS without one. Weird.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav in Lava Red with bi-colour alloys, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just looked through the preface brochure and it suggests the boot spoiler is standard feature on the SRI VXLine, extra to the SRI model
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Car
    1.5T SRi Nav Grand Sport, lava red, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys to play with!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but I've yet to see (in a photo or in the flesh) a MK1 hatch Insignia without a spoiler. The brochures are careful not to include a rear view of the base models for either the MK1 (I think the base model was the Exclusiv) or the GS (Design)
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav in Lava Red with bi-colour alloys, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist.

Racing Driver
    Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before the Insignia B was released they were model specific. VXR, Sri, Sri VX-Line, LE have them. Exclusiv (pre facelift), Design, Energy. Tech-Line and Elite don't.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko301 View Post
    Before the Insignia B was released they were model specific. VXR, Sri, Sri VX-Line, LE have them. Exclusiv (pre facelift), Design, Energy. Tech-Line and Elite don't.
    I know that's what the model spec says, but I really can't recall ever seeing a spoiler-less insignia. On the mk 1's, the high level brake light was integral to the spoiler, so how was that incorporated into the spoiler-less tailgate?

Car
    -14 Insignia ST, 2.0CDTI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteH View Post
    I know that's what the model spec says, but I really can't recall ever seeing a spoiler-less insignia. On the mk 1's, the high level brake light was integral to the spoiler, so how was that incorporated into the spoiler-less tailgate?
    Actually, that brake light is integral on boot lid. That spoiler is just a small plastic strip that goes on top of the boot lid. Very easy to miss, actually...Here's pictures what I mean:

Without spoiler:
    Name:  without-spoiler.JPG
Views: 57
Size:  65.5 KB

With spoiler:
    Name:  with-spoiler.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  55.4 KB

10. Likes RBH liked
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well blow me down! I hadn't realised how little the spoiler changes the appearance of the MK1. No wonder I hadn't noticed any spoiler-less examples. How about the GS? Still haven't seen a spoiler-free example yet (or have I?)

12. Likes RBH liked

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast