lip spoiler on boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lip spoiler on boot

bit of a daft question but why do some insignias not have the small lip on the boot seen quite a few on a 64 plate without one , was it possibly for the earlier models,to make it look bigger

the spoiler is part of the SRI trim, so a lesser spec model will not have it

Comment

Makes sense but seen them on non sri's too

Comment

Looking through an old mk 1 brochure from 2012, the spoiler seems to be standard on all models (my 2013 CDTi SE had one}. However, the 2017 GS brochure suggests that the Design did NOT have a boot spoiler, yet I've never seen a GS without one. Weird.
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I've just looked through the preface brochure and it suggests the boot spoiler is standard feature on the SRI VXLine, extra to the SRI model
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, but I've yet to see (in a photo or in the flesh) a MK1 hatch Insignia without a spoiler. The brochures are careful not to include a rear view of the base models for either the MK1 (I think the base model was the Exclusiv) or the GS (Design)
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Before the Insignia B was released they were model specific. VXR, Sri, Sri VX-Line, LE have them. Exclusiv (pre facelift), Design, Energy. Tech-Line and Elite don't.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Before the Insignia B was released they were model specific. VXR, Sri, Sri VX-Line, LE have them. Exclusiv (pre facelift), Design, Energy. Tech-Line and Elite don't.
                I know that's what the model spec says, but I really can't recall ever seeing a spoiler-less insignia. On the mk 1's, the high level brake light was integral to the spoiler, so how was that incorporated into the spoiler-less tailgate?
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                  I know that's what the model spec says, but I really can't recall ever seeing a spoiler-less insignia. On the mk 1's, the high level brake light was integral to the spoiler, so how was that incorporated into the spoiler-less tailgate?
                  Actually, that brake light is integral on boot lid. That spoiler is just a small plastic strip that goes on top of the boot lid. Very easy to miss, actually...Here's pictures what I mean:

Without spoiler:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	without-spoiler.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	243754

With spoiler:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	with-spoiler.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	243755

Comment

Well blow me down! I hadn't realised how little the spoiler changes the appearance of the MK1. No wonder I hadn't noticed any spoiler-less examples. How about the GS? Still haven't seen a spoiler-free example yet (or have I?)
                    2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Well blow me down! I hadn't realised how little the spoiler changes the appearance of the MK1. No wonder I hadn't noticed any spoiler-less examples. How about the GS? Still haven't seen a spoiler-free example yet (or have I?)

Comment

Thanks Rab
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

It's an easy mistake to make because the boot/tailgate curves out like a spoiler. Here is a pic of my previous Insigina. It didn't have a spoiler.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Lol, quality. Easy to miss I suppose if not looking close up, it certainly is only a 'lip' spoiler on top of a shape of a spoiler. Wonder what it would've looked like without that curve(Base spoiler )?

Comment

Mine is the facelift design model and doesn't have the extra lip but tbh you don't really notice it as that was why I started this thread, sometimes when I glance insignia with lip I think it don't look any bigger than what I have, think I need to so with and without on a hatchback side by side to see the real difference

Comment

Working...
                              X