Condensation in rear lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensation in rear lights

The rear lights on my facelift have condensation in them, the passenger rear light is by far the worst. I have dried the rear lights out and put then back in the car and after coming back home I thought I would have a look and the whole passenger rear cluster is dripping with condensation again. Anyone else have this problem? Or have sorted this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

I use to get slight condensation in both front and rear lights on my facelift and my current GS is no different. It seems to be a trait of the insignia in certain weather conditions and is even mentioned in the manual. Dripping condensation is another thing though. That could be caused by a leak.

One way to test for a leak if there is no physical evidence is take off the light and blow a mouth full of vape into it and see if it escapes from any hidden cracks or bad seals.

If you can't find any leaks try dropping a few silica packs inside to help absorb any moisture https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352243372667
    Last edited by marko301; 12-10-2019, 10:24 AM.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Drill a 2mm hole in bottom of lens in an unobtrusive position and somewhere water can drain.

Comment

Just to add, if lights are full of water it will run down into your drill so be ready to move drill quick.

Comment

The lights may look dry but there could still be a bit of damp hidden away and that will recondense when sealed back up. At least that's what happened to me.

As someone suggested, some silica packs inside for a week or so will absorb any remaining moisture but that's assuming you dont have a continuining leak.

The main bit to look out for is the seal. Mine had a split in it but I have repaired it with some super glue and a dab of silicone. All is fine for me now.

Comment

Dried the lights out and drilled a few small holes at the bottom of the light and no condensation for a few days so looks like it has worked. Cheers guys

Comment

Working...
            X