No announcement yet.

Suspected 4wd fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got the exact same symptoms on my 2014 Insignia (127k miles), just got the fluid and filter kit in the post this morning so it’s going to be my Friday job getting under there and changing it out, unless I can get to it this afternoon.

Hoping it fixes it as I’ve only had the car a few weeks! Judging by the other service items that I had the local garage do, it’s not had a great deal of servicing (no history with it) in its short but busy life. The timing belt was oooooold and the engine oil was black as night. The garage said aside from those, it’s a tidy bargain! They reset the service vehicle soon warning but it came back the next day so hoping it’s the 4x4 self check (no mention of rear axle or AWD in the message though) and a change will fix it.

Comment

Common cause of the service vehicle soon is split boost pipe, are you down on performance?
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Hello Shealesy, did the garage who reset the SVS light tell you what the code was that triggered it ?

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Shealesy it's not a quick job, a few of the bolts are a right pain to get to without lowering the diff and the exhaust gets in the way. Doable but you may need the patience of a saint.

One I thing I will add though, I followed a guide that said to fill the oil through the cover plug hole. However after some research I found that it needs to be filled through the vent hole at the top of the outer case.

Here is a copy and paste from site:

Important: When filling the differential clutch housing after repairs, the fluid must be able to flow over the top of the internal wall of the pump cavity, making it imperative that the fluid is filled through the vent opening with the cover plug installed. The bottom of the cover plug opening and the internal wall are at the same level. If the cover plug is not installed, the fluid will fill the differential clutch oil sump and run out of that opening before it can flow over the wall into the pump cavity.

Link: https://m.autoserviceprofessional.co...-service-light

I mentioned the other day I had issues after oil change with warnings and I think this is where I went wrong.

Edit: the link refers to a cadillac srx but the car uses gen 4 haldex unit (same as insignia)

Comment

Wow thanks for the replies!

No, the garage I use actually had to take it round the corner to a different garage to get the light reset, but I intend on going to this garage to have the codes read and find out what the fault is. Is the boost pipe an easy thing to change if it is that?
            I wouldn’t know if it was down on performance as it’s had that warning the whole time I’ve had the car, though I wouldn’t say it was a long way down on my previous car of similar bhp, torque feels a little lacking but I was expecting that. There’s a lot of hills around here.

The message comes up on ignition, don’t need to start the engine. But maybe if it’s logged it’ll come up regardless?

Sorry for the minor thread hijack, I’ll start my own if this goes any further.

Shealesy

Comment

Working...
            X