Pics of Insignia in the woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Insignia in the woods

Below a couple of pics of my 2014 Insignia 4x4. I have a two-hour drive to the cottage that I visit all year round. Now it is the season of game, or as you might bluntly name it, the hunting season.

The car is nowhere near spotless but that is what dirt roads cause. There is a reason I drive a 4x4 automatic diesel. The flexfloor is handy as I often have bulky sports and game equipment with me.

More pictures to follow as the fall turns into winter. I hope we'll receive a full metre of snow this year.

Lähetetty minun SM-J530F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Yey! It's almost Finnish invasion here now!
    Nice pics!

Comment

Or maybe it’s just starting..

nice pictures.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by obeaur View Post
        Below a couple of pics of my 2014 Insignia 4x4. I have a two-hour drive to the cottage that I visit all year round. Now it is the season of game, or as you might bluntly name it, the hunting season.

The car is nowhere near spotless but that is what dirt roads cause. There is a reason I drive a 4x4 automatic diesel. The flexfloor is handy as I often have bulky sports and game equipment with me.

More pictures to follow as the fall turns into winter. I hope we'll receive a full metre of snow this year.

Lähetetty minun SM-J530F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
        That's a lovely chrome trim under the left hand fog light.

You're hoping for a metre of snow? I dread an inch falling here!
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          You're hoping for a metre of snow? I dread an inch falling here!
          Its just the fact that they are used to it, get it on a regular basis and can prepare for it. Remember a few years ago being in Bar Harbor in Maine over Thanksgiving, locals with big pick ups had snow ploughs attached to the front of them so they could clear a path as they went. Worth the outlay as they know they will use them a lot.

We can go a few years between hefty snow falls so when it does happen we dont have the kit to deal with it. If they spent a fortune on big snow ploughs etc councils would be criticised for wasting money. Council round here where i am, Chesterfield on the edge of the Peak District, will pay local farmers who have snow ploughs to help out when required. Lad i went to school with who has a farm has one for his tractor and was brought in to help do clearing a few years ago. He even ended up getting paid by Morrisons to clear their car park!!

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
            Its just the fact that they are used to it, get it on a regular basis and can prepare for it. Remember a few years ago being in Bar Harbor in Maine over Thanksgiving, locals with big pick ups had snow ploughs attached to the front of them so they could clear a path as they went. Worth the outlay as they know they will use them a lot.

We can go a few years between hefty snow falls so when it does happen we dont have the kit to deal with it. If they spent a fortune on big snow ploughs etc councils would be criticised for wasting money. Council round here where i am, Chesterfield on the edge of the Peak District, will pay local farmers who have snow ploughs to help out when required. Lad i went to school with who has a farm has one for his tractor and was brought in to help do clearing a few years ago. He even ended up getting paid by Morrisons to clear their car park!!
            I have absolutely no idea what you are meaning...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DXRjLb_WsAIXSug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	243790

Comment

About sums it up....when you are used to it you are set up to deal with it and things carry on much better. Over here you get folk who refuse to drive more than 15mph when the pavements have a slight white covering to them but the roads are probably drier than if its rained!!

Comment

Yeah....but we do have our own group of..hmm..."too careful" drivers and group of people who are born and raised here in Finland and still the winter surprises them every year.

Comment

Working...
                X