Oil pickup seal replacment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pickup seal replacment

hi guys, i have a 2010 2 ltr CDTI with 115k on it although in great shape serviced every year etc its about time i got the death seal replaced,

asked a garage how much it would cost there reply was the belt and water pump has to come off and be replaced as well
    iv read a few fourms and posts about the seal and i cant see anywhere the belt or water pump has to come off
    if someone could comfirm this for me please

dsknectd

Originally posted by dsknectd View Post
    hi guys, i have a 2010 2 ltr CDTI with 115k on it although in great shape serviced every year etc its about time i got the death seal replaced,

asked a garage how much it would cost there reply was the belt and water pump has to come off and be replaced as well
    iv read a few fourms and posts about the seal and i cant see anywhere the belt or water pump has to come off
    if someone could comfirm this for me please

dsknectd
    Belt and pump doesn’t need to come off to change the seal.
    Would this be something you could tackle yourself?

Comment

Talking a load of bollocks----are you going to do it yourself or a garage as I've just had mine done by a fella in Keighley,yorkshire------top man and a top job---well worth a trip to get it done-----Dave

Comment

I’ve done my pick up deal and I can confirm that you don’t need to remove anything above the sump, I’d go somewhere else as they clearly don’t know the engine

Comment

thanks guy since i need to do a full service and a gearbox oil change since i have a M32 box if it has the two holes in box for the sum screws i will just do it myself i think

Comment

thanks guy since i need to do a full service and a gearbox oil change since i have a M32 box if it has the two holes in box for the sum screws i will just do it myself i think
            Even if the cutouts aren’t there they can be easily done to allow access to the relevant screws.

Comment

bigger balls then me mate and was trying to do it without removing the box at all i guess if need must

Comment

bigger balls then me mate and was trying to do it without removing the box at all i guess if need must
                Gearbox is still in the pics are of the cutouts in the box with the dump removed or have I picked you up wrong? I’ve had a few ciders so it’s possible .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                  Gearbox is still in the pics are of the cutouts in the box with the dump removed or have I picked you up wrong? I’ve had a few ciders so it’s possible .
                  ooh sorry mate what did you use to cut them out ? very neat work and no your right my box is still on still driving it

Comment

When I had mine done he drilled out the 2 holes to get to the bolts---took him minutes---included in the price was the seal--oil and filter change plus if you need gearbox oil changed he wouldn't charge too much for that----but if you do it yourself make sure that you know where you are drilling otherwise a new sump might be required----Dave

Comment

Ok I have done some investigation I have the cut outs in my box so much happier only problem is now I have 4 days of work I only work 7 miles from my house and only seen the message flash up once so I’m planning / hoping to get it sorted on my next day off

Comment

Ok I have done some investigation I have the cut outs in my box so much happier only problem is now I have 4 days of work I only work 7 miles from my house and only seen the message flash up once so I’m planning / hoping to get it sorted on my next day off
                        What did you use just a drill. I’m wanting to do mine. The message hasn’t flashed up I just want todo it piece of mind. I’ve been quoted £180 todo it but it’s a 2 1/2 hour trip there

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
                          What did you use just a drill. I’m wanting to do mine. The message hasn’t flashed up I just want todo it piece of mind. I’ve been quoted £180 todo it but it’s a 2 1/2 hour trip there
                          i already had them there mate, been told if drilling into the box slow and steady wins the race go 3mm, 5mm, 7mm, 10mm and use sharp / new drill bits and £180 is good, garage i went to pulled out some jumped up £750 needs a new belt water pump needs to come off made out like they was going to rebuild the damn thing

Comment

Does any make seal do the job or is recommended that you buy from vauxhall. I've seen them on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
                              Does any make seal do the job or is recommended that you buy from vauxhall. I've seen them on ebay
                              A genuine VX seal is about £15.

For the sake of a few quid, I'd go OEM

Comment

Working...
                              X