Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a ticking time bomb for owners using Adblue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy this point i would be loosing confidence in car, You could See if dealer can get simuler car and swap it.
    just been thinking are you doing short journeys?

Comment

Good point there.
      Basically it's a NFF
      As long as you have it in writing that they will address the issue if and when it reoccurs then that's ok .
      Did you get the fault code given to you as reference .?

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Over the course of 8 days I drove nearly 1000 miles I believe and some journeys were 100 miles or so and some 35 miles one way.

I am a relaxed driver usually and as the car was new to me I drove it sensibly. There seemed no reason the fault came on and no white smoke from the exhaust as I believe there would be if the nox sensory was faulty.

I agree with the point that you could lose confidence in the car and exchange it but I had an issue with the last insignia right after purchasing it and this was not covered by any warranties. A seal on the clutch fluid system failed and the warrantor stayed the seal was a moving part so not covered. Lol. I drove it without any issues for 150,000 miles over 7 years so I am hoping the same sort of reliability exists for the newer model.

My view is not to overreact as the car is a complex bit of kit and things go wrong. It does not mean I have a lemon but of course I could.

If it continued then I would replace it as I rely on my car as part of my business and without it I don’t earn a penny.

Comment

Ok so these cars (Diesels) are happiest being used for longer runs as apposed to doing school run/shopping trip, It could be the previous owner only did short trips then dealers shunts them around causing light to come on just after you got it. Now you using for longer runs it should be hopefully happer Mate at work had exactly the same using it for 3 month with average trips being 2 mile now he is doing the daily trip of 15 mile each way his light has gone out not been back on since.

Comment

Working...
          X