Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Insignia B - Engine light

Hi,

Today my 2018 insignai B engine light came on today. No ryme or reason, no power loss and no effect. When I got home I checked the error code with my odbII device and this threw up a P20EE error. I have serached the forums and no one seemed to mention it.

Google says;
    When a P20EE is stored in a diesel powered, OBD-II equipped vehicle, it means that the powertrain control module has detected that catalyst efficiency is below threshold for a certain engine bank. This particular code applies to the downstream catalytic converter (or NOx trap) for engine bank one.
    Is this somethign I should worry about and does anyone know anything about it. Suggestions or repairs etc.

This webpage seems to provide a good explanation http://p20ee.engineerrorcode.com/opel-insignia

Thanks

Originally posted by jolyon View Post
    Hi,

Today my 2018 insignai B engine light came on today. No ryme or reason, no power loss and no effect. When I got home I checked the error code with my odbII device and this threw up a P20EE error. I have serached the forums and no one seemed to mention it.

Google says;

Is this somethign I should worry about and does anyone know anything about it. Suggestions or repairs etc.

This webpage seems to provide a good explanation http://p20ee.engineerrorcode.com/opel-insignia

Thanks
    There is a thread on here. Just recently posted.

Comment

After a diagnostic with Vx the mechanic I spoke with checked everything and they could not find a fault with it. they were aware that there had been issues with the nox sensor and that the engine management light was triggered by something but there were no broken sensors and after 2 hours of testing and driving the car with it hooked up to software that monitors the emissions (before & after) there was no fixable fault that could be found they informed me. The mechanic was genuine and highlighted that it could be various systems that could trigger the EML. One of three issues I think but he could not say if this would happen again. I was reassured that the fault is logged so it if continues even past the warranty mileage mark Vx would fix it and he agreed was something he had seen before.

I mentioned that I had read about the fault in the insignia forums and the mechanic highlighted that the software running the car would stop the engine starting if the EML was not fixed. The reason for this is it would bypass the emissions aspect that gives the car eco credentials. I believe he quoted that the car would allow 50 start/stops before it would stop working and need to be towed in and tested (don’t quote me though). I questioned this, as that would take me 5 to 10 days and I had been driving the car with it on for 6 days. He then commented that if the light goes on I need to come in for a diagnostic as it is more expensive to switch off if the car won’t start. My worry was the cost of these things and hassle aspect. Apparently the adblu is essentially pigs urine and because the liquid is clear people try to put multiple ‘other’ liquids in and not iso standard adblu. All fascinating stuff for sure but in the back of my mind all I was thinking was the reason for the fault light was unknown still and it could be costly to diagnose and is if some aspect of it is broken expensive to fix. What the company that sold me the car would do if it was out of warranty is anyone’s guess but I would have had some statutory rights to rely on for the first 3 months I believe. I’m just pleased it is under warranty.

Of course I asked Vx to check if the fault had existed prior to the car being purchased (3 days before the light went on) and of course the request to check this was not passed on and he erased the data when he cleared the fault so They were not able to say.

Comment

Working...
      X