No announcement yet.

Reliability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB motors in Keighley......they charge about £200 for the full thing.......they've a superb reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      For the sake of a £15 seal + the fitting......I'd get it seen to before it costs you an engine.
      Exactly my thoughts too-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
        I just had mine done by a fella who is an expert at the job---cost me £200 plus my time and travel--he supplied the oil seal and changed the oil and filter included with the price---was a bit of a drive for me but he is highly recommended and people travel from all over the UK and he has some customers from abroad---took him about 2 hours to do the job------Dave
        Oh right okay. Comparing this to a local garage, I assume the price difference would be fairly large? Have you got any details you can give me for him? Where is he based?

Comment

Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
          Okay thanks. And I assume it affects all 2L diesels?
          Apparently so......even some with facelifts are getting it done as a precaution.

Comment

Okay. Thanks guys. I’ll get it seen to. The joys of motoring eh!

Comment

For the sake of a £15 seal + the fitting......I'd get it seen to before it costs you an engine.
              +1,Car will be scrap if it gives the warning.
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

MB motors in Keighley......they charge about £200 for the full thing.......they've a superb reputation.
                That's the fella--and his name is Frank---sound bloke to deal with----he will ask you for a deposit because he has been let down in the past by customers not turning up----Dave

Comment

I just had mine done by a fella who is an expert at the job---cost me £200 plus my time and travel--he supplied the oil seal and changed the oil and filter included with the price---was a bit of a drive for me but he is highly recommended and people travel from all over the UK and he has some customers from abroad---took him about 2 hours to do the job------Dave
                  I'm booking for him.....and I'll be traveling from central Scotland to get it done - 400 miles round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
                    Oh right okay. Comparing this to a local garage, I assume the price difference would be fairly large? Have you got any details you can give me for him? Where is he based?
                    See post 16 for where he is based----Dave

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191020-193759.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	243823

There we go....
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm booking for him.....and I'll be traveling from central Scotland to get it done - 400 miles round trip.
                        Rab--Frank is a Top man and he will let you sit and watch if you want to----Big Asda just past the mosque if you want anything to eat plus plenty of other shops around----Dave

Comment

Thanks both. Much appreciated.

Comment

Rab--Frank is a Top man and he will let you sit and watch if you want to----Big Asda just past the mosque if you want anything to eat plus plenty of other shops around----Dave
                            Asda.....ACH noooo....that means spending money.

The mosque on the other hand......I'll get some new shoes

Comment

Here he is working on mine -----Dave Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190909_103141.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	243824

Comment

Asda.....ACH noooo....that means spending money.

The mosque on the other hand......I'll get some new shoes
                                Very good ---think Frank might get upset a bit about the "shoes"--------Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X