Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia Rear Electrics Issue

Hello,

Unsure if anyone has had the same issue as below?

My rear windows have stopped working, occasionally the rear left will work.
    The interior lights no longer come on when either of the rear doors are opened.
    When driving a few weeks ago it came up on the dash that a rear door was open (IT WASNT)

There had been a leak into the car, a grommet behind the rear left light unit, i have now sealed this. The leak had been progressive and i had only noticed it when it came above the rear passenger carpet.

Also my TPMS has been going haywire... this may be a completely separate issue, i have all new TPMS sensors ready to go in.

The alarm was going off the other day when i unlocked the car and did not stop sounding when the car was locked and unlocked, i even started the car and drove away (as to not annoy the neighbors) the alarm was still sounding.

Could it be that the water has damaged some component.
    It seems strange that the rear lights do not work when the doors are open, even stranger that the left rear window works occasionally.

The BCM i believe is behind the glove box, could this be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Off the top of my head, I think their is a module in n/s rear wheel arch, well on estate anyway, have a look see if this is damp.

Comment

Hi,try disconnecting the battery for around 30 mins,reconnect and follow screen instructions for windows.It may be your battery on the way out.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by minisprint4230 View Post
        Off the top of my head, I think their is a module in n/s rear wheel arch, well on estate anyway, have a look see if this is damp.
        Yeah it is damp behind the rear left carpet, that’s where the leak started. It used the left hand side of the boot as a channel to go into the passenger compartment under the rear seat.

I did try and dry it out, I’ll take the carpets in the boot out and add them to my collection of car parts drying in the house (the misses isn’t best pleased)

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
          Hi,try disconnecting the battery for around 30 mins,reconnect and follow screen instructions for windows.It may be your battery on the way out.
          Will try this tomorrow! I’ll measure the battery voltage as well, it doesn’t have any problems starting, guess that it could still cause an issue regardless.

I can get a new battery thrown in they aren’t that expensive.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Sounds like an ecu has got wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
              Sounds like an ecu has got wet.
              Control module?

ECU is under the bonnet?

Comment

In the boot left hand side behind the carpet. I think don't quote me

Comment

If it’s a tourer then it’s more than likely the tailgate control module is soaking wet in the right hand side cubby hole in the boot. Common issue on tourers. If it is take it out an leave it to dry.

Comment

Hello, if water was above the rear passenger carpet ( i.e. Footwell area ) Think the loom runs down the edge there through to the front .
                    So possible water ingress into either the can-bus signal wires causing thease issues,
                    Don't know if the TPMS module lives behind the rear bumper which maybe causing the haywire effect on that line
                    Have you got a good code reader to see if you can communicate with the BCM and TPMS module?
                    Just a thaught of mine

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                    X