Random warnings displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random warnings displayed

For the past few weeks I've had random warnings come up on the dash around ten minutes into a journey, service parking assist, service tyre monitoring and a few others. They last about a minute then go. I've checked the battery and I have 12.15 volts, checked for loose connections. Any ideas?

2012 2.0 cdi elite

A perfect voltage with the engine running is between 13.7 and 14.7V. With the engine off, you should get a reading of 12.6 volts. If the battery isn’t fully charged, it will diminish to 12.4V at 75%, 12V when it’s only operating at 25%, and down to 11.9V when it’s completely discharged. This data and the way it relates to the design of your battery should provide you with some useful insight into the functioning capacity of your car battery. Measuring voltage tells you about the charge of the battery, but is not an accurate indicator of the health of the battery.

Getting many electrical faults like that could well be an indicator of a failing battery. This is common to the Insignia
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

As said above,mine was doing all sorts of things,inc. cruise control stopped working.Down to the battery in the end.New battery and all back to normal.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
        A perfect voltage with the engine running is between 13.7 and 14.7V. With the engine off, you should get a reading of 12.6 volts. If the battery isn’t fully charged, it will diminish to 12.4V at 75%, 12V when it’s only operating at 25%, and down to 11.9V when it’s completely discharged. This data and the way it relates to the design of your battery should provide you with some useful insight into the functioning capacity of your car battery. Measuring voltage tells you about the charge of the battery, but is not an accurate indicator of the health of the battery.

Getting many electrical faults like that could well be an indicator of a failing battery. This is common to the Insignia
        It would make sense being the battery as it seems to play up more on cold mornings, but given I couldn't say conclusively it is the battery I was reluctant to shell out on a new one.
        I suppose soon enough it will fail completely so I may as well bite the bullet.
        Thanks for your input. [emoji106]

Comment

Is it a tourer?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
            Is it a tourer?
            No saloon

Comment

Ok, fitted new battery still no good....

Comment

Hello supermondo, could be the voltage regulator on the alternator fluffing up .
                If it seems to happen 10 mins into a trip . And its regular
                If you have a multimeter , connect to battery , start car from cold , run the car stationary with full load ( fan , lights , etc ) l
                And see if warnings appear and voltage drops off .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

It played up the day after I put the new battery in but has been ok since.... looks like I'm going to have to wait until it gets worse before I can fault find.

Comment

Working...
                  X