Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aslans' Insignia Elite

Hi all!

I've recently picked up this 2009 Insignia Elite. 87k, 2 previous owners, generally great condition.

Bit of background - I'm not new to Vauxhalls, having had a couple of Corsas in the past. I had this '13 1.7 SRi which had a fair few modifications (Remapped, exhaust, interior overhaul, DPF delete, full nurburgring suspension setup, VXR brakes etc etc);

I've also had these two super scene VAG cars. Both with air ride, rotiforms, etc etc.

But with the Bora shitting its clutch out the other night on the way home from work, I picked up the Insignia as a new runabout/daily driver car. We've got our first baby on the way in the new year, so fancied something newer and safer too!

Not planning to go wild on this one like my other builds. I'll be looking to get the VX Line kit added, maybe lower it a small amount and some OE wheels.

Few niggly little problems to sort out, mainly getting a cambelt/waterpump on it (as it liked to choo on first cold start!) and fix the heated seat as it comes on for around 60 secs then turns off!

Hi

Nice cars!
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Nice cars mate.

I had a laugh at the bit where you say your not planning to go wild.......weve all said exactly the same thing

Comment

Welcome Aslan.

Not planning to go wild on this one like my other builds
        - that's what everyone says. bust of luck with that.
        2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Thanks guys!

Haha yeah, I'll end up doing a few small bits and bobs, but running a bagged car daily is an absolute pain, I'm happy being able to get in it in the morning and just go without waiting for compressors, checking if the check valve has frozen etc.

Daft me didn't check whether the car actually had bluetooth when I bought it though! Just saw the 'Phone' button and assumed

Comment

the heated seat issue will require new heater pads. Common problem on the earlier cars and for a time was fixed under warranty but long since passed now. Apparently wiring had to be re-routed
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Looking good mate 👍

Comment

Hello,nice motors
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome along
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome
                    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Got the car booked in for a cambelt/waterpump change on Friday, been reading about horror stories with the oil pickup seal! Considering getting it changed as a precaution...

Never had these issues with my A17DTS

Comment

Yeeeeehaaaaaa Asian , and welcome.
                        I cannot see your insignia staying standard for long judging by the pictures .

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So, bit of an update.

Turned the car on this morning, and was greeted by the 'Low Oil Pressure' and 'Low Coolant Level' warning messages.

I rang the dealer, and it'll be going back for a full refund this week.

So, the hunt is on for another Insignia! Anybody know of any Elites for sale with the necessary work done for around £3k?

Comment

Hooooooo dear !
                            Thing is the oil pick up seal is something owners don't know till either too late .
                            Or they join this fabulous forum and read the stories of the not so lucky ones
                            Not saying that if you were to find another and you ask the oil pick up question that you would get the answer you want .
                            There's thousands of thease on the road ,
                            Where about are you based ?
                            Have you considered the petrol version ?

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yeah absolutely.

I'm basic in Staffordshire in the Midlands. I've looked at the petrol versions, but unsure of the MPGs out of them. I do around 50 miles a day, so needs to be relatively frugal!

Comment

Working...
                              X