Glow plugs sensor type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plugs sensor type

I have a 2011 2.0 diesel which has 75000 miles.

I had cause to replace the turbo hose which had a split in it and the boost solenoid valve for added reassurance.

I was getting the message "service vehicle soon" and limp mode before replacing pipe.

Decide to clean all suspect EGR valve, valve and other manifold related bits.

Still the same and have removed glow plugs which i have not tested yet and will probably be the culprits however the price of these are eye-watering expensive due to the sensors and my understanding is that these will be fitted to future diesels.

Has anyone experienced double issues like this?

Need to get a multimeter on the glowplugs and see what readings you get----they should all be around the same ohms---I know that they are expensive but its worth getting the correct ones--Beru is a genuine part and you could also buy second hand but then you are taking a chance-----seen some on ebay-----Dave

Comment

Hello what are the codes you are getting ?
      And what kind of symptoms are you experiencing?

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies and agree that although expensive,will replace like for like.

Autovaux have them for £74 per plug.

i am not sure how to read my analogue multi-meter but will pursue this.
        Regarding codes i definitely need to purchase Op-com.

The car will start and drive but is not responsive and slow.

i will update this as it will be of use to other members.

Comment

I would invest in op-com toot sweet because it seems you are throwing parts at an unknown problem.
          To test the glow plugs with a analogue
          First check the resistance of your meter by selecting omm on the dial and touching the leads together.note that down.
          Then put positive lead on the tip ( at the top where you plug it in
          Then put negative lead on the threaded part.
          Take that measurement
          Subtract first reading from second reading then that's the resistance of your plug check against a known good test result higher the resistance then the plug is toast .
          The only thing with analogue meters is that the scale is all up the top .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Lizzard-t i took your advice and persevered with further checks.
            glow plugs are all 100%.

Have purchased'ordered op-com and will update once i confirm outcome.

The advice given highlights that with the "service vehicle soon" bit can be a number of problems and this at the moment has saved throwing expensive parts to eliminate a problem.

Once again thanks,speak to you all soon.

Comment

I'll tell you nordicgordy, you are the first person that has said thank you.
              And I salute you being so polite.
              We are all here to help one another out of the goodness of or own hart ,
              But thank you for being so polite.

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi all problem solved.

After the work previously completed, i decided to go back and removed the MAP sensor on the inlet manifold.
                This was clogged and once cleaned reinstalled.
                The car was taken for a run and disappointingly was the same.parked up restarted same again.
                kept car out to try and get heat into the system as i was worried that a 'Re-gen' had not occurred since this problem had arisen.

I drove home, switched off and then restarted the car and the magic 'DPF' light came on requesting continuation of driving.
                At this point my brain went to limp mode as i was worried about the 'DPF' being full and a breakdown happening.

The engine decided to boost at this point and the power returned and was i relieved.
                after a short couple of miles the warning went off to advise that the' DPF' had been re-generated with the car run now running sweetly.

To conclude this was definitely the boost hose and the requirement to clean all related intake parts 'EGR' valve,the internal pick up-tube and the MAP sensor.

Lizzard advice in purchasing Op-com and checking with a multi meter is sound advice.

This outcome also demonstrates that you should not assume its glow plugs right away, although i am in no doubt within another 30,000 miles the glow plugs will be getting on.

This is a great forum and i hope this helps others to solve what can be multi part or sensor issue.

Comment

I never changed the glow plugs on my Zafira 150, I got it at 68k and sold it at 149k.

I have changed them in my Insignia as I had one failed and I was very lucky with the old style cheap ones

Comment

Working...
                  X