after a little advice (DPF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after a little advice (DPF)

Over laat 8 mouths been having dpf issues RAC called out 3 times when the cars gone in to limp mode, last nigth went to limp mode again adn the guys siad he supects its the DPF which is stuffed.

the DPF has had a DPF clean, new sensors etc over the 8 months and still having issues, is there any thing else i can check before i go and change the DPF as looks like its ££££££

Thanks

Hi Wallace,

you need to get to the bottom of why its filling the DPF up in the first place, fitting a new DPF probably wont solve your problem.
    Is the EGR valve ok, have you a split boost pipe, have you a dodgy injector, you need to look at these before fitting a new DPF.
    First of all what code's relating to the limp mode do you have.

Comment

Hello Wallace as Seanio,says for a start , fault codes are a good start . Without them then you could be just replacing it without getting to the root cause .
      Also depending on what garage you are using , it would be a good idear to get the car connected up to a scanner that gives live data readings so you know the saturation level of the DPF , and also the back pressure , the temperature before and after the DPF .if I can remember you are looking for about 800 degrees C before DPF , 1000 KPA before filter .
      Without any of the above then it an expensive guessing game at the moment.
      Also what sort of driving style do you have ? Is it a lot of stop start , or long distance .. ?
      A lot of stop start driving interrupting the regeneration process , is not good because in the end the saturation level gets too high for it to,regenerate and thus go into LHM .
      A quick check is to look at the oil level , is it above maximum? Dose it smell of diesel ? , of the answer is yes then the regeneration process has been interrupted too many times
      If that is the case then I would be doing an oil and filter change toot sweet , because by now the oil has lost its effectiveness of protecting the engine .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Seanio View Post
        Hi Wallace,
        you need to get to the bottom of why its filling the DPF up in the first place, fitting a new DPF probably wont solve your problem.
        Is the EGR valve ok, have you a split boost pipe, have you a dodgy injector, you need to look at these before fitting a new DPF.
        First of all what code's relating to the limp mode do you have.

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
        Hello Wallace as Seanio,says for a start , fault codes are a good start . Without them then you could be just replacing it without getting to the root cause .
        Also depending on what garage you are using , it would be a good idear to get the car connected up to a scanner that gives live data readings so you know the saturation level of the DPF , and also the back pressure , the temperature before and after the DPF .if I can remember you are looking for about 800 degrees C before DPF , 1000 KPA before filter .
        Without any of the above then it an expensive guessing game at the moment.
        Also what sort of driving style do you have ? Is it a lot of stop start , or long distance .. ?
        A lot of stop start driving interrupting the regeneration process , is not good because in the end the saturation level gets too high for it to,regenerate and thus go into LHM .
        A quick check is to look at the oil level , is it above maximum? Dose it smell of diesel ? , of the answer is yes then the regeneration process has been interrupted too many times
        If that is the case then I would be doing an oil and filter change toot sweet , because by now the oil has lost its effectiveness of protecting the engine .

not been on for a while,

had the DPF removed and cleaned, still regns to 30% ish or 24% if i am on a motorway, got a SVS today which was code "P2282 Air Leak between throttle body and intake values" took it for a smoke test as it normally for boots pipework from what i ve read, lots of smoke from round that area and found a BIG split, in the pipe, going to replace that myself. but could have this been my issue with the DPF not going lower then the 20/30% as when was regening in past i noticed only went to around 600+ degrees not the 800 as stated above.

Comment

Hi Wallace,

don't know whether that sorted your problems but it would be a likely cause.
          Your saturation level, I take it your checking it after its done a regen.
          drop it down into a lower gear when you next know its doing a regen, keep its revs up at about 2500
          I think you will find your saturation level of your DPF will be a lower percentage.

Comment

Hi Wallace,

don't know whether that sorted your problems but it would be a likely cause.
            Your saturation level, I take it your checking it after its done a regen.
            drop it down into a lower gear when you next know its doing a regen, keep its revs up at about 2500
            I think you will find your saturation level of your DPF will be a lower percentage.
            Thanks for the reply.
            I Replaced a split turbo hoe and were still getting the problem, so as car wasnt worth putting anymore moeny into it as had the dpf and air leak i got rid of it today as broken and picked up a A5.

Comment

Well sometimes you've got to cut your losses,
              hope you have more luck with the Audi.

Comment

Remember that Audi's have indicators too
                2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Well sometimes you've got to cut your losses,
                  hope you have more luck with the Audi.
                  Me 2 mate. But with my luck with cars is crap I am not expecting It 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                    Dont worry pal I let people know where I am off 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                      I thought that was an expensive option on Audi's?

Comment

Originally posted by wallace View Post
                        Thanks for the reply.
                        I Replaced a split turbo hoe
                        I once had a split turbo hoe But I dumped her , for that reason.

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                          I thought that was an expensive option on Audi's?
                          Haha it seems to be an expensive option on Audi BMW and mercedes haha
                          2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                          honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

I notice VAG had to put the indicators on that run outwards as they flash just to encourage their customers to use them!

Comment

Working...
                            X