Service done [emoji4]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service done [emoji4]

Well, the weather was good out, so I decided to crack on with the service before proper winter kicks in. Why do garages not bother changing a chewed up sump plug and that filter looks a bit sorry for itself?? Also, this is the reason I like K&N filters. Just give it a few whacks to get all the crud out till I next give it a decent oil wash. You can tell it works from the difference between the two sides. Anyways, all happy again [emoji106]

Doing mine Wed,ready for the winter!
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Doing mine Wed,ready for the winter!
      Nice, it feels good to get it out the way and knowing that the job's been done how it should rather than hoping . Tomorrow I will be swapping the 20s to the 18s so I can give them a thorough wash and wax and probably the car a once over too, definitely needs one

Comment

The weather is bad here fri/sat,so hoping I can give mine a 'bath' and wax!
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

The weather is bad here fri/sat,so hoping I can give mine a 'bath' and wax!
          Yeah, pretty similar everywhere in the next few days. Will need to get as much done tomorrow as were meant to go to Alton Towers on Saturday but the weather isn't looking great

Comment

Managed to get service done today,wash/wax too,but won't be clean for long looking at the weather that's instore

Comment

Managed to get service done today,wash/wax too,but won't be clean for long looking at the weather that's instore
              Mine had a wash, didn't need a wax as the Fusso is still doing it's job. I didn't bother drying it, as it will be bucketing down tonight. Luckily the coat keeps it clean after a wash even if it rains so all good

Comment

Originally posted by insignia tourer elite nav
                ..well dopne pal ...you make it look so easy..... im clueless m8 I go to main dealers for a service..... I can only clean my car and top levels up.. I cant save on service costs ......im crackers pay to much but I might learn to do a service myself well done m8 ...
                Cheers mate, I normally just let the garage do it but you really could save quite a bit of money doing it yourself. Plus I have given up on garages some time ago, just struggle to trust them nowadays. Small problem but as an example that sump plug I mentioned could have been replaced to avoid the headache of trying to remove it if had it rounded off completely. It's not too difficult to do, all you need is the right tools, correct service parts and knowledge of quantities etc. plus the friendly knowledgeable people on here as always for support. Basically, I saved almost £100 and I service it twice a year. Give it a go sometime, you might surprise yourself and feel good after doing it. I would borderline say I even enjoy it

Comment

Tens6. Hello, does the K&N air filter make much of a difference? I have a 2010 diesel Sri and am going to service it fairly soon, just wondered is the extra few euros worth it for the better filter like k&n?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian147 View Post
                    Tens6. Hello, does the K&N air filter make much of a difference? I have a 2010 diesel Sri and am going to service it fairly soon, just wondered is the extra few euros worth it for the better filter like k&n?
                    Hi Brian. I don't have a diesel unfortunately so not completely sure how it will run. To be honest, performance wise, probably too miniscule to notice but a bit easier breathing will still make a difference, even if it is just driveability. You do tend to see bigger differences the more powerful the engine and they sound a bit nicer than standard but can vary on different cars. If it's longevity, I would definitely recommend it. I have used them roughly for the last 18 years and never had to replace one in the 5 cars since then, they are good quality. Most of the ones I have used would've cost roughly similar over the years in use as it would be to replace with standard at every service so not any money lost. Only downside I would say is they do need cleaning every few years and re-oiling(recommended) but I have up to now not done this too much, as it can coat and affect Mass air flow sensors if not done correctly or over oiled. However I have never found a problem with just taking it out come service time and just getting the crap out as you can see in my post, it still filters really well. Sorry, a bit long winded I just like to make sure I give you as much understanding/info as I can about my thoughts. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                      Hi Brian. I don't have a diesel unfortunately so not completely sure how it will run. To be honest, performance wise, probably too miniscule to notice but a bit easier breathing will still make a difference, even if it is just driveability. You do tend to see bigger differences the more powerful the engine and they sound a bit nicer than standard but can vary on different cars. If it's longevity, I would definitely recommend it. I have used them roughly for the last 18 years and never had to replace one in the 5 cars since then, they are good quality. Most of the ones I have used would've cost roughly similar over the years in use as it would be to replace with standard at every service so not any money lost. Only downside I would say is they do need cleaning every few years and re-oiling(recommended) but I have up to now not done this too much, as it can coat and affect Mass air flow sensors if not done correctly or over oiled. However I have never found a problem with just taking it out come service time and just getting the crap out as you can see in my post, it still filters really well. Sorry, a bit long winded I just like to make sure I give you as much understanding/info as I can about my thoughts. Hope that helps
                      Wow, not long winded at all, actually very good of you to give me such a detailed uptake on it, thank you.
                      I just asked as I’ve read conflicting views on them certainly in diesels anyway but not necessarily the Insignia.
                      Food for thought as they say. I shall think it over but this service anyway I will probably just stick to a good quality filter from my local motor factors.
                      Thanks for the detailed reply [emoji1305][emoji1303]

Comment

Working...
                      X