People and locking wheel nuts [emoji35][emoji35]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People and locking wheel nuts [emoji35][emoji35]

Why do people think that locking wheel nuts need to be tightened to an inch of there life!!

Simple front pad and disc change is out the window because some **** has gunned the locking wheel nut on. Means now I’ve got to take it somewhere to get it off!! It’s that tight the locking wheel nut key has started to round off ( this was before I even used it).

So frustrating!!

Sorry rant over

Watched the guy at my local tyre shop do this the other day! I said can you take those back out and torque properly please because if my Mrs gets a flat how’s she gonna get that off? His reply was oh I don’t know where my torque wrench is?!?!!! When he pulled the locker back out it had bent the key! So he paid for a new set after a heated argument! Wa**er!!! Not taking my car back to him again!

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

Surprised he had a torque wrench as these days its all power tools----friend of mine had his Range Rover in for the front tyres---2 weeks later he had a puncture and he was unable to move the lockers and had to get the car lifted back home---he has now thrown the locking wheel nuts away especially when his wife also drives---I have lockers on mine but not torqued up like you have to for the wheel nuts----any problems and they will be going into the bin-------Dave

Comment

Well mine are coming off if they want my wheels that bad they can have them

Comment

That;s why I get my wheels and tyres done at Vauxhall. I get free puncture repairs as part of my service plan. They torque them correctly
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
            Why do people think that locking wheel nuts need to be tightened to an inch of there life!!

Simple front pad and disc change is out the window because some **** has gunned the locking wheel nut on. Means now I’ve got to take it somewhere to get it off!! It’s that tight the locking wheel nut key has started to round off ( this was before I even used it).

So frustrating!!

Sorry rant over
            Give you a tip,go to vx and buy 4 normal wheelnuts,when you get the lockers off chuck them,cos theyre absolutely ****. The metal is as soft as lead and the shoulders easy get rounded off,,,i took great pleasure in throwing mine in a neighbouring field
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              Give you a tip,go to vx and buy 4 normal wheelnuts,when you get the lockers off chuck them,cos theyre absolutely ****. The metal is as soft as lead and the shoulders easy get rounded off,,,i took great pleasure in throwing mine in a neighbouring field
              Luckily I’ve got 4 spare ones with the locking but key. So there all coming off. The tyre place I use is charging me £5 for each wheel nut I can’t get off so not to bad.

I’m more pissed off as it’s the only free time I have til December!!

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
                Luckily I’ve got 4 spare ones with the locking but key. So there all coming off. The tyre place I use is charging me £5 for each wheel nut I can’t get off so not to bad.

I’m more pissed off as it’s the only free time I have til December!!
                if you cant get them off,or the pattern part is rounded off,get a 27mm socket (I think) and belt it on,over the locking nut,then you can remove them,,,had to do this with one of mine,thats how I come to fling them
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

That's the reason I ask for the lock nuts when I get anything done.
                  I fit them myself afterwards.

Lock nuts are supposed to be fitted after the others are on and the car is back on the ground....so the lockers can then be put on and just tightend and no more.

Comment

Well I’ve been and got them removed. Only cost a fiver it was only the one that was on solid.

He did as what I was told above. The ring smashed off then a socket smacked over the top of it and a breaker bar

Comment

Working...
                    X