Doors won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doors won't open

hi guys I'm new here, yesterday I stupidly left my lights on which flattened battery, so I had to use the key to unlock driver's door, got jump leads on it and it's fine now but only the drivers door will open now ( the door pins go up and down )

Can you open them with inside handles ?

Comment

No, only drivers door works

Comment

I'm sure on my face lift I can choose which doors the key fob will open via intallink, what year is your car and spec? I wonder if resetting the batter car lost memory

Comment

It's 2010 Sri nav estate

Comment

Have you changed the battery or just charged the old one up----could be that the battery is goosed--need to get it checked out and where did you connect the jump leads to----Dave

Comment

Aa did it so didn't see what they connect it to , will check the battery everything else is working fine tho , although I do have dipped headlight bulb out now aswell which I didn't before

Comment

Not supposed to connect jump leads to the negative on the battery---that should go to a earth point on the engine---this is to protect the ECU ---lets just hope its the battery that's at fault--Dave

Comment

Does the tailgate open too? If so, sounds like the problem I had last year with my 2013 Insignia. It was jump-started by a garage whilst in for repair, long story short the battery was on the way out, new battery and reset codes fixed it.
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by rickyholder View Post
                    It's 2010 Sri nav estate
                    A Sri nav........ definitely a Sri nav.......not an Insignia tourer elite nav????

Comment

Now Now--I'm sure we have someone here who has good reason to ask about genuine problems he has - - - Dave

Comment

Ricky take no notice of the nice fellas on here it's the dodgy ones you have to be carefull of------Dave

Comment

Comment

With the Insignia you really need a good battery---if you change the battery make sure you get the correct one for the car---when I first got mine the car was running/starting fine but the stop/start function never worked---once I decided to change the battery everything now works as it should-----Dave

Comment

Hello Ricky so you cannot open any of the other doors from the inside at all using the pull handles ?
                              Was that problem there before they jump started it ?
                              Also when he jumped it did the dash come up with the re-set procedures for the electric windows ?
                              Also you say you have one bulb out as well . Was that problem there before ? .
                              Have you checked the simple things like fuse for central locking ?
                              Can you operate the central locking with the key in the door barrel ?.
                              Just as a side note and carrying on from daves comment about jump starting .
                              With modern day cars , it is very advisable not to jump start them at all due to sudden voltage spikes .
                              But that's my bag .

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X