Insignia B 1.6 Turbo D hesitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia B 1.6 Turbo D hesitation

Hi all. Just done a 400 + mile journey through Belgium and seem to have an issue with my Insignia B 1.6 Turbo D (136).

I am getting a hesitation on the throttle at approx 1800 - 2000 rpm. It feels like a faint misfire in a petrol engine. Noticable enough that my wife commented. Happens when cruising also if you reach an incline etc, even when on cruise although it was better. The other point to note is that the exhaust was very boomy for most of the journey similar to when a regen happens.

I had noticed the hesitation before but it has been very apparent during this journey.

Car has only done 9000 miles now and my normal commute to work is 30 mins on the motorway each way.

May well have to go back into my dealer as it's under warranty but would love to be armed with knowledge and possible common issues.

Thanks in advance.

So after a lot of visits to the dealer the issue is still present. Vauxhall have done a full data read and cannot find anything.
    Dealer is now at the point of changing some parts to try and rectify the issue as they have witnessed and acknowledged the issue. In the new year will be getting a new EGR valve fitted, so will update after this.

Comment

So to drag up an old thread. Realised I hadn't updated.
      Dealer fitted a new EGR at the beginning of the year which seemed to have solved 90% of the hesitation issue however not completely. It has improved cruising on the motorway and general driving but still occasionally the car will hiccup when accelerating and feel like a step change at approx 2500 in boost.
      The car has been serviced today and I had a chat with the service manager (who has been amazing during all of this) and they are going to take the car back in and remove the inlet manifold and other things to see how badly the car is carboned up, clean it all and replace anything if necessary. By the way this is at no cost to me.
      What has led them to this is that they have been doing the same with an Astra with the same engine and issues and have sorted all issues.
      Fingers crossed. Will report back again in a few weeks.

Comment

Nice to see someone come back and give an update for future reference.
        Well done.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
          Nice to see someone come back and give an update for future reference.
          Well done.
          Yep.... certainly is

Comment

As promised I have an update.
            So the car is currently at the dealer as stated previously. Got a call today although the inlet manifold was suspected they believe the issue could be down to the infamous clutch issue. I believe I have had in gear clutch slip but have had no warning message about reduced power. They have witnessed the clutch slip themselves. All parts are on order and Vauxhall have agreed to pay again.
            Let's see what happens next week when I get the car back. Will update again.

Comment

Car has been collected today. Didn't realise how bad my clutch was as the car feels completely different. My drive home of about 30 miles was non eventful which is a positive. They have picked up on another fault that the ac compressor is overally noisy (whining) and repairs have again been agreed under warranty. So back again soon when the new compressor arrives and the can fit it.
              So after having a new front wiring loom, egr valve, inlet clean, clutch, numerous hire cars for me to use and now the ac compressor the car has cost Vauxhall a fortune. Still only covered 14k miles. Hopefully sorted, we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by MrYatesy View Post
                Car has been collected today. Didn't realise how bad my clutch was as the car feels completely different. My drive home of about 30 miles was non eventful which is a positive. They have picked up on another fault that the ac compressor is overally noisy (whining) and repairs have again been agreed under warranty. So back again soon when the new compressor arrives and the can fit it.
                So after having a new front wiring loom, egr valve, inlet clean, clutch, numerous hire cars for me to use and now the ac compressor the car has cost Vauxhall a fortune. Still only covered 14k miles. Hopefully sorted, we will see.
                You seem to have the best dealer in the world there. That is impressive service. I wish they would all have the same attitude. Hats off to them and to you for sticking with it!

Comment

Working...
                X