Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Main dealer or 'good' local garage for service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main dealer or 'good' local garage for service?

If your independent uses Vauxhall parts, there is absolutely no difference other than the fact your car won't receive any software updates. However, as and when these arise you can just take the car in anyway.

Dealers often work a bonus pay scheme, so the quicker it's back out the door the more they make which can lead to inspections rather than servicing and lists of urgent repairs ie pitted discs etc though that's not restricted to dealers
    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Price per hour doesn't really come into it as most reputable Vx dealers will have a fixed price for full and interim servicing. The other point to bear in mind is that a full Vx service schedule is more attractive to potential second hand purchasers.

Comment

Lance, on 13 January 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:
        If your independent uses Vauxhall parts, there is absolutely no difference other than the fact your car won't receive any software updates. However, as and when these arise you can just take the car in anyway.

just a thought on upgrades,how long do they carry on with upgrades on cars over 3 years (or older)and how do you know if they have done them anyway?

Comment

georgefish, on 25 February 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:
          my cars have always had genuine parts, but never fitted at the dealer. its worth no more with a full history by the time ive driven it for 7 years! AND??my local dealer ripped my mum off with a starter motor, basically sold the dearer version (dti astra) fitted the cheaper, but correct item, raised a credit note, and shared the difference. wont get into discussion about how we found out, lets say cheers chris, thought you was a mate?. Now, good and bad in every industry, but a decent mechanic is worth his weight in stella, Carlsberg, and pizza, you get my point. the idiots next to where I work now openly admit to never bothering with rear brakes, unless customer actually requests them to be checked, and don't even check tyre pressure! THEN, they take delight in telling you how "that's knackered, ive rounded all the bolts" jesus, what a bunch of Neanderthals.

picked my siggy st up from my local stealer in ashford kent,all seemed good but swmbo said the car felt a little"vague"on the way home,i checked the tyres when the had cooled down and they were all different,from 27.5psi up to 34!!I went back and the idiot at the service desk (must have been at least 16 years old)said you do get some leakage from tyres as they cool down gave up went home.

Comment

Working...
          X