Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Preesure Low

Hi everyone,

After looking at common problems for the Insignia and what to look out for and what to get put right to keep the car going and all happy I have read lots of people having the low oil pressure warning and mixed story's of cars completely failing and some getting the seal replaced and all has been fantastic for them.

I wasn't worried thinking that my recently purchased higher mileage Facelift Insignia (138k) was fully serviced and looked after by previous company.

Until Tuesday morning when I went to go to work after leaving the car on the drive 4 and 1/2 days and the message came up, after S******g myself I did what it said and turned the car off.

Upon restarting the car the message had not come back on and I have ran it fine with no messages since (its only Wednesday so just keeping fingers crossed).

Now I have only seen the message once could that be because it has been stood for 4 and 1/2 days and is because it has let the oil settle to the bottom and needed to recirculate first or do I rush to the garage to get this part replaced?

I would have thought if the seal was bad I would be getting messages all the time not just once.

Can anyone educate me more about this so I can make a decision, also have people seen the other post regarding the additional part on ebay that claims that you will never need to change the seal ever again by adding it with the seal?
    Is this worth doing or not?

Any advice is appreciated as if this is a problem Id like to get it sorted ASAP as I love this Insignia I have, its my second one and I decided to go for the Elite so I had all the nice bits, I've not smiled about a car since I got rid of the last one which I regret soon after I did.

Thank you all again for you time and help.

First of all check your oil levels if you hadn't already.
    I think where you've had the car sat for a few days and the weather's been cold this can make the oil a bit thicker at first. This will make it harder to circulate properly at first which may be the reason for the warning.
    When was the last oil change and what oil are you using?

Comment

It was serviced when I bought it from the garage, along with new cam belt etc.
      Unsure of what oil they used, I’d hope it was 5-30 fully synth.
      I’ll check oil level in the morning see what it says.

Thanks Iceman for your reply it’s much appreciated

Comment

I have had this for the past two winters since owning the car and it seems ok turning it on and off again. When the temperature is les than 1c or it has been sat up like you say. I have a new seal to fit but haven’t had the weather to do it yet

Comment

I hope this is the case for me, I’ve ordered the item in the link above that states it’s a permanent fix and I’ll order a seal as well for when I decide to get it done for just in case to be safe etc ����
          Off to check Oil level now. ����

Comment

Oil level to the top and looks pretty new, not gone fully black yet still a clear appearance to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeRoCoOl5050 View Post
              I hope this is the case for me, I’ve ordered the item in the link above that states it’s a permanent fix and I’ll order a seal as well for when I decide to get it done for just in case to be safe etc ����
              Off to check Oil level now. ����
              Yes I ordered that part to to go in when I get round to doing it

Comment

When it’s cold and the car has been left for several days the oil has all drained back to the sump, so when she starts you’ll get the low oil pressure message, when you turn it off and then restart oil will have been pulled from the sump so you’ll have pressure. Basically get the seal changed now and if your lucky it’ll be sorted

Comment

I had that message with mine , but only when outside temperature was below freezing, use to do the old switch off then on then everything hunky dory.
                  But I got rid of it ,
                  But as Mark says get it done ASAP .
                  Or it could be curtains.

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Well the car hasn’t showed the error since until today. Car has only been stood just over 24hrs.
                    Think it’s time to get it done before it kills. I’ve got the little metal price to put in with the seal. New seal hasn’t arrived yet tho. Did they make it better to access on the facelift model or is it still a ball of a job?
                    If it’s easy I’ll have a go myself but if not I’ll have to shell out.

Comment

Get the oil pump seal done before is too late. Seen so many on facebook with seized engines.

Comment

I’ve found a place that does the replacement for £189, really good price but they are quite far away from me. ��
                        At least I’ve got a ball park figure of what I’ll be spending!

Comment

Originally posted by ZeRoCoOl5050 View Post
                          I’ve found a place that does the replacement for £189, really good price but they are quite far away from me. ��
                          At least I’ve got a ball park figure of what I’ll be spending!
                          wheres this,and where are you ?
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

It’s in Tonbridge and I’m in Sheffield, that price is without oil and filter but I’ve got loads of oil and it’s just been serviced 2k ago so happy to use old filter.

Comment

Just a quick one too, is the oil pressure only “checked” by the oil switch? One garage I went to said they would want to connect it to get live data to see what the pressure is. Now I have opcom would this tell me the oil pressure or is it just purely the switch saying the pressure is there or not and no measurement at all??
                              I’d like to have this info for if I decide to go to local garage I can say it’s ok but replace seal and switch at same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X