Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating issue

Hi all

I recently had my 2016 Insignia Elite Nav serviced at my local WJ King following a theft.

I've noticed that the heating has stopped working as well as it used to and now is mostly blowing out cold air. I've also noticed that the engine fan comes on a lot more often - I'm not sure if the two are connected?

Please help!

Thank you

I would say that you have got an air lock in the system.
    Therefore the cooling system will need bleeding.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Thank you for your reply
      Is bleeding the cooling system something I can do myself? Or do I have to take it to a professional?

Comment

Originally posted by mmirza16993 View Post
        Thank you for your reply
        Is bleeding the cooling system something I can do myself? Or do I have to take it to a professional?
        All you have to do is, when engine is cool, unscrew the cap on the coolant tank and start the engine to get it warm. Also have the heating inside the vehicle set to the hottest temperature. Then just before the engine gets up to full temperature, screw the coolant cap back on and this should get rid of the air lock. Hope this helps you sort your problem out.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

If you go this route I would recommend laying a towel or rag over the top of the coolant bottle as sometimes the airlock will "pop" exiting your expansion tank causes coolant to spit around so having something to stop it spraying your engine bay is handy. There is a bleed screw usually in the system too which you can use instead of leaving the cap off. Note that if the car gets up to normal temperature and the coolant doesn't release any air bubbles then this might actually be a faulty thermostat too.

Comment

Is there another way to bleed the system other than just leaving the cap off ?? Isn’t there any bleed valves in the cooling system?

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

I don't think there is MR Shootingstar .
                If there was it would be somewhere near the top , as that's the place where air would get trapped , like your radiators in your house .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Just found mine and a bit of air came out
                  I’m still getting cold air so I’m going to flush out the heater core next as if had a new water pump new thermostat and new cap and expansion tank it’s the only thing left to do

Comment

...bleeding screw is near the thermostat.on top .....right side ....

Comment

It can take a while to clear a heater air lock so make sure you've got the car up to temp and then run for 5 minutes to give it chance to clear with heater on full.

Comment

My car drove to work great this morning no over heating nothing so I checked the expansion tank and the coolant was pouring out over flow valve at the back
                        Any ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shootingstar40 View Post
                          My car drove to work great this morning no over heating nothing so I checked the expansion tank and the coolant was pouring out over flow valve at the back
                          Any ideas ?
                          Probably quickest thing is to change the cap in case it's not able to pressurise the system. Failing that it could be your system is being over pressurised which could be head gasket boiling up your coolant. The cap is the easiest thing to check and then after that you would be looking at an hours labour at a garage to have a sniff test to see if you have any head gasket issues.

Comment

Done the cap
                            I will put some head gasket sealer in it see if that works

Comment

Any other way to get rid off this air lock the gurgling and hissing noise is so annoying

Comment

Working...
                              X