Headlamp Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp Problems

Good afternoon. I could really do with some advice please. My 58reg diesel vauxhall is a fantastic car! It runs brilliantly and always has done. However recently the headlamps have been playing up. They're fine dipped but when i put them into full beam they flash for a few seconds before settling down, and now although the dash says i'm on full beam it sometimes takes a few attempts to get them to go on full beam. The garage has put a new indicator stalk on and that makes no difference at all, and so the old stalk is back on and the problem remains the same. They're now at a bit of a loss as am i. They're talking about relays which i understand are welded in and will cost a small fortune to replace or test. Has anyone else had this issue with their Insignia before? and if so was is resolved and how?? I don't want to get rid of this car I know she's an old lady now but she's in great condition and runs brilliantly she's only just (despite her age) clocked 100Kmiles. I would really be most grateful if someone out there can help me. I should add the garage I use are very trusted and have served me excellently for years now.

Be handy to know what model car you have, headlights are a bit model specific.

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
      Be handy to know what model car you have, headlights are a bit model specific.
      Its an Insignia CDTi 2.0 diesel

Comment

Be better if you posted in the relevant section.
        You'll get more traffic there.
        This is for new members introducing themselves.

Comment

Having trouble navigating the page hw do I get to the relevant thread

Comment

Welcome, Janey.

Select 'Forum' from the top banner, then scroll down to 'Insignia ownership: Technical and workshop', and the go into the 'lights' sub-forum and start a new thread. (Hint - cut and paste the text from your earlier posting to save re-typing it all again)
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
              Welcome, Janey.

Select 'Forum' from the top banner, then scroll down to 'Insignia ownership: Technical and workshop', and the go into the 'lights' sub-forum and start a new thread. (Hint - cut and paste the text from your earlier posting to save re-typing it all again)
              She's posted on it a few hours ago

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                She's posted on it a few hours ago
                In YOUR timeline, maybe...
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Janey, members would probably like to know what headlights you have i.e. halogen or xenon. What variant insignia is it e.g. SRI, Design, Elite etc
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                    In YOUR timeline, maybe...

Go and fecking check the time

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Go and fecking check the time
                      According to my Boris watch, it's still 31st October, as we're still in the EU
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Hi,
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                        X