Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical issue with my 2010 2.0 insignia ADVICE please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical issue with my 2010 2.0 insignia ADVICE please!

Hi all, my first post on here looking some advice!

I have a 2010 2.0 Insignia which is throwing up the ABS light and reading front right ABS sensor. I have replaced the ABS sensor but the light on the dash keeps coming on and staying on. Some people say the wheel bearing could be causing the light to come on but I am unsure.

Another strange issue is that the rear left indicator and both reversing lights wont work even though all the bulbs are fine.

Must add that the battery died two weeks ago and had it jump started and also two evenings ago the whole car cut out while driving it.

Any help much appreciated!!

Have you changed the battery?

Comment

Haven't changed the battery yet, I thought it could be a battery issue but would that be causing the ABS light too or would it be two different issues?

Cheers!

Comment

If your battery died 2 weeks ago, it sounds like it's on the way out. This could also explain the various other electrical gremlins you've experienced. As stated on other threads on this forum, the Insignia is very particular when it comes to battery condition. Also, when you jump-started it you may have confused the ECU, so it may be useful to check for fault codes.
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Thanks for this info!! Have checked for fault codes and the only codes I'm getting is front right ABS sensor and I have replaced this already but still comes up after clearing the code!

Comment

You have to be carefull when you jumpstart these Insignia's----you have to use another negative/earth point and not the one on the battery----sure it even tells you in the handbook------Dave

Comment

Abs sensor code could be a wiring issue not the sensor as first thaught .
              If you know where the wiring goes then unplugg one end then the other and check continuity, could be a broken wire .
              Same with the tail lamps have you checked to seee if you have power in the connector before the lamp bulb holder ? .
              If not then you will have to check to see where the wiring goes , normally under the carpet l/h/s up to the BCM which is behind the interior fuse box .But that's a different kettle of fish .and not for the faint hearted .
              The cutting out ?
              Did all life dissapear from the car ( electrical wise ? )
              Or did it just stall .?
              But as it's only happened once then there's nothing to go on .
              But also what kind of diagnostic machine are you using to diagnose the ABS sensor fault ?
              If it's a cheap generic tool then it's probably not reading every fault code .
              And then it may not have the cutting out stored as a past code .
              Which some machines can store .
              As per Dave jump starting modern day cars is not advisable, due to voltage spikes .
              Did you find out why the battery went flat at all ?

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

you need MDI diagnostic tool which give you more option to check ABS sensors

My black Insignia

Comment

Tested the car battery today which was showing 16 volts which I imagine would actually be too high?? Can this cause any affects?

Comment

16V when engine off?

My black Insignia

Comment

Think that's a bit high----might be wrong but it shouldn't go above 14.75 volts---what make of battery is it and what are you using to measure the voltage------Dave

Comment

16 volts would cause multiple issues, bulbs could blow etc, certainly get your voltage checked with another meter, just incase.

Comment

16volts , ? When you only have a 12v battery ? And that's with the engine off ?
                          As minisprint says check with another multimeter .
                          ABS sensor wiring fault can be simply checked with a multimeter unplug the wiring from both ends short out one end of the plug and check voltage at other end see if the circuit is complete.

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

12 volts when engine off 16 volts when engine started which I thought slightly high. Bulbs are all ok tested them in another car just to double check. Thanks all for the help and advice!

Comment

With the lights not working have you tested the bulb holders too see if you have power.and ground? If not then start chasing the wiring back towards the front.

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X