Coolant level low warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant level low warning

As above just got my car back from garage after having the clutch, dual mass fly wheel etc replaced, and the car now has a coolant level low warning pop up on the dash, which does not stay there, its gone after i press the button on the indicator stalk. This message was not there prior to the clutch work been done.
    Anyone any ideas why its doing this? the coolant level is not low. The expansion tank i think is not quite where it should be. Looking at it direct from the front there is a small retaining bit of metal that should go into a small plastic slot of the expansion bottle but does not, i don't think that is the problem. Are they easy to empty and replace?

cheers

Could be the level sensor float ,
    Stick your pinky in it ( when cold ) and wiggle it just a little bit .make sure the sensor wire is connected .

If the bottle is up straight then that could be the reason , I would either take it back to get them to re fit it or if you know how it goes then just put it back in its mounting

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

float seems to be working going up and down, its either off centre and not going as high as it should i think or its the sensor. after an afternoon of youtube it looks easy to do

Comment

Expansion tank just clips in----its easy enough to change---need to drop some coolant out and take the hoses off the tank-take the electrical connection off---just reverse the procedure and fill up with coolant-------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
          Expansion tank just clips in----its easy enough to change---need to drop some coolant out and take the hoses off the tank-take the electrical connection off---just reverse the procedure and fill up with coolant-------Dave
          battery out job?

Comment

Well you can if you want but there is no need to - - - Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
              Well you can if you want but there is no need to - - - Dave
              was just going by this video, not my car. does not look to be that much room

and this opel one takes his battery out

will look at mine tomorrow dave1419
              cheers

Comment

Changed mine a few months ago and I did not remove the battery, dropped a bit of coolant out and disconnected the pipes and electrical plug - - unclipped the header tank and replaced, easy really - - - Dave

Comment

well looking at mine there is no room to pull the electrical
                  plug without removing the battery or did you pull the plug after the tank was removed from its clips etc?

Comment

There is not much more I can tell you to be honest---its an easy job to do and how you do it that's up to you---if you want to remove the battery then please do so--to me that's a total waste of time---but its your car------Dave

Comment

Well had a good old yank on this expansion tank and aslong as i have a hole in my arse it is not coming out with the battery in situ.

just in case you think am a Pu$$y here is a piccy of the space i have, also the back clip circled in red is clipped in place, and this requires the tank moving forwards towards the battery by maybe 1 inch in order to free it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191107_1104481.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	243888

Comment

Tip for further use:
                        Black plastic on battery top is connected with battery with two clips, left and right. Relese them with flat screwdriver and lift up whole black plastic covering battery plus terminal, piece shown on bottom of your picture. No worry, it is connected with flex cable to battery + you can move it a little.
                        Now reservoar will have space to move toward battery, remember there is T part beneath with slot, so dont pull up until it is free. Once reservoar is free, you can turn it and remove level sensor.
                        Last edited by Oggy; 25-02-2021, 06:20 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Anyone fit a new bottle in insignia to find the old boytle had no sensor on it and tberes no sensor plug coming from car to plug into the new bottle which has a sensor 2014 insignia

Comment

Yes the later insignia they did away with the level sensor.
                            had the same question a few days ago which is the beauty of the search function ( top right )

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                            X