What dash cam's are people using!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What dash cam's are people using!!!

Looking to change my front and rear dash cams---mine has a habit of switching itself off for periods of time[Mio MIVUE]--have been looking at Nextbase so really need some recommendations -------Thanks Dave

Nextbase 612GW in my daily and Nextbase 212 in my secondary car. 612GW is great except if you leave parking mode on, it seems to freeze a lot. Not tried parking mode on the 212, but that aside the quality is great on both. Only got the 612 to record at 60fps at 1440p. Not looked into the newer series of Nextbase cameras but they’re popular through work and I’ve heard good things about them, especially the ease of adding secondary rear cameras to them too.

Comment

Cheers mate, looking for something that is going to work well and will look at all possibilities and recommendations - - thanks Dave

Comment

Hi I have a Garmin 55 had it nearly a year hard wired it myself and can't fault it only think I've done is bought a larger capacity micro sd card, would highly recommend it, great bit of kit [emoji106]

Comment

Currently I have a Nextbase 522GW and cant fault it - Had Blackvues in the past but for the money they aren't worth it anymore.

Comment

Apeman c550

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks everyone--I need a dashcam that it suitable for having a rear camera fitted too---will ask nextbase which of their camera are suitable-----Dave

Comment

The Nextbase 422 and 522 have optional plug-in rear cameras which avoid the need to route wires from back to front, but they view through the rear screen. I'm looking at the 522 at the moment, but not bothered about the rear view add-on.
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Almost all the new range of Nextbase dash cams are suitable for that, the rear cameras are plug and play and super easy to fit and hardwire in, and there’s a few deals on with front and rear purchases from a few retailers.

Comment

Rear camera included in the one I've got .so no extra cost .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I've gotta cheapo crapo eBay one.
                      Built into the rear view mirror with rear external camera.

Quality is top notch considering the price......Ł15

Comment

We had another discussion here not long ago

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                          We had another discussion here not long ago
                          https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/22506-Dash-cam
                          And the same answers !
                          At least everyone kept to there stories.

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Do these next base have speed camera alerts on them, have tried searching but have not found any details - - - cheers Dave

Comment

I'm still looking at 422 and 522.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                              X