No announcement yet.

removed and replaced fuses now car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems there is someone on VXON who has the same problem--this time with a Zafira--will keep an eye on it and see what happens------Dave

Comment

used the multi meter today and absolutely fine with everything now onto trying to get hold of an opcom to run on it and try resetting the modules and clearing it all through opcom.

Comment

Vehicle is stuck on immobiser, not sure how you are going to switch it off, have you got homestart?

Comment

Might help if you put your location as someone nearby may have one and be able to help-------Dave

Comment

Its a Vauxhall so maybe something similar in terms of fix.

Comment

definitely the immobilizer just tried to jump it and nothing at all battery is fine as well so its definitely cut the immobilizer so hopefully with opcom i can clear and re program the reciever and transmitter may try getting a key cut tomorrow and get the opcom on it as well. seen that video last night as well pal and tried doesn't seem to work with mine as the central locking stills works after it hahaha. sorry i am in carlisle cumbria.

Comment

Originally posted by steven addison View Post
                2 bulbs that dont come on at all i now no they are just for show as there is nothing under the fuse locations for them.
                I've got a 2009 Elite & those 2 'extra, for show' lights are actually the cornering lights, they light up when you're going round a tighter bend or turning into a junction. They also light up when you put the car into reverse to light up in front of the car so you can see to maneuver.

Get yourself a manual & have a read.

Comment

Have you got the car pass card , ? Because that's got the pin code to programme the imm chip,.
                  You cannot clear the pin and re-ad it a one time use .the pin code codes the immoberlizer chip to the car and can only be used once you cannot over write .it's already there .
                  If you are getting a new key cut you will need a virgin immoberlizer chip I think id40 but they may of changed it since as that was after year 2000'
                  I think in my mind it's going to become either a dealer visit or someone who can get the car out of this state of immoberlized.
                  Have you tried putting 12 volts to the starter ( large terminal connector ) to see if the starter runs ?
                  But that's my opinion and mine only .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yeah i noticed that pal after i went through everything.

Comment

Yeah going to have a look tomorrow and see if i have the car pass anywhere and try getting somone out possibly that deals with immobilizers.

Comment

Don't know if it helps https://thecarkeyman.co.uk/vauxhall/...r-key-problem/

Comment

Cheers pal going to have a look and see if i have the code beem quoted 70 quid if i havent and 50 quid if i have it so fingers crossed i have going to price up a full new key as well and see whats the cheaper option im guessimg getting it redone and programmed in would the cheaper 1.

Comment

Now got an auto electrician coming out to run tests on the immobilizer and see what he can do.

Comment

no joy he never had the software to do the immobiliser in the car just the transponder and recievers so now booked in at the main stealer as no garage has the correct stuff to disarm it brilliant haha.

Comment

she livessssssss.... father in law came down and looked with me there was 1 wrong fuse that has never been there put a fuse in now and away she went. after comparing with other pictures of how the fuse boxes are layed out we clicked it was that 1 a fresh pair of eyes helped a lot. cheers for all your help guys will definitely be coming here for your input again.

Comment

Working...
                                X