Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question removed and replaced fuses now car wont start

Forum Key Rings
    hi i am new to the forum. here is my problem i have a 2010 2.0 insignia elite nav i noticed that my main beam lights do noy come on as i have the dual action ones dancing lights with AFL. i noticed that the fuses had been removed so bought 2 10amps to put back and see if they worked. no joy as they didnt fit so took some of the other fuses out to try thinking the bayonet fixings maybe slightly wider after putting them all back in the correct place i went to start the car and the service theft deterrent system came up and the car would not start i think it may be down to removing and replacing the 20amp BCM fuse??? tried everything to reset it but to no avail. tried taking battery off and fully charging it.tried leaving the battery off for over 15hours. tried the fuses again tried changing the battery in key fob. tried turning the motion sensor off on the ceiling all tricks i seen on these forums. all the lights come on when turning the ignition on and the radio starts but i noticed the amber engine management light does NOT come on at all. i have no idea why. any help much appreciated.

Car
    Insignia estate 2.0cdti Exclusiv
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, simplest thing, get your car side by side with an identical car and check fuses are in the right place, also check they are ok.
    The 2 slots I think you assumed had missing fuses, they don't normally have fuses in, if they are still in take them out.

Member of Marko's black wheels Club PeteH's Avatar
    Car
    1.5T SRi Nav GS, lava red, bi-colour alloys, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, check against the fuses shown on page 210 on in the manual:
    Name:  Screenshot_20191105_160455_com.adobe.reader.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  45.9 KB

Manual available here: https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...%80%99s-manual

To be honest, I'm inclined to take photos of things before I start meddling with them (my phone is full of photos of extractor fan wiring, modern settings, back panel of computer etc)
    Last edited by PeteH; 05-11-2019 at 10:22 PM.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav in Lava Red with bi-colour alloys, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!)

Member of Marko's black wheels Club PeteH's Avatar
    Car
    1.5T SRi Nav GS, lava red, bi-colour alloys, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, see Janey's photo on post no 65 in https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...-problem/page7
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav in Lava Red with bi-colour alloys, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys i have tried all the above been through every single fuse in the car to make sure none of them blew after i put them back and i also only took 1 out at a time and put it straight back were i got it from. and after speaking to father in law tonight i now realise there has to be something behind those fuse sockets to hold the fuses in place and the main beam bulbs must be fr show or something as the hi2r bulbs do both anyway was just. the car is a 2010 2.0 elite nav with the dancing lights and all. how can something so simple cause such a big problem. was hoping that someone maybe new a way to clear it all or had a similar issue before i am on another forum and tried everything imaginable but was hoping there maybe something i am missing. going to try a diagnostic code reader on it tomorrow and see if anything stands out as i no i will get loads after having all the fuses out and battery off.

Car
    Insignia estate 2.0cdti Exclusiv
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would get an autoelectrician to have a look, these are very sensitive systems you are messing with, stopping and starting current flow.

7. Likes PeteH liked
    Car
    saab 9-3 turboX.9-3 1.9 TID,vectra B GSI,nissan qashqai.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giddy up and welcome aboard the insignia merry go round steven.
    Well with all things being equal and you have done exactly what you say you have done then there's no reason why it shoukd not start .
    If you have stuck fuses where they don't exsist , then there's no danger in blowing anything because they are just holes and not powering anything.
    Things to try
    1) try another key if you have one
    2) lock the car , dead lock it then un lock it
    3) make sure all you took out and put back are sound and that you have continuity both sides of the fuse
    A simple multimeter will give you and indication .
    See if any of the above helps .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    evening guys just ran 2 different diagnostics kits through the car both came up clear no error or fault codes at all both do however come up saying that mil is currently off. so does anyone have a clue how to get it back on at all? cheers

Car
    saab 9-3 turboX.9-3 1.9 TID,vectra B GSI,nissan qashqai.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean.get the MIL to illuminate? Disconnect the MAP plug that should throw up a code.
    But depending on what diagnostic equipment . you are using they may not be able to read the immobilizer system .you either require opcom or a dealer visit . because the immobilizer system is not a system that generic code readers cover .

The Stig
    Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast