Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, fogs definitely off

Comment

Long shot this,go into the config settings,then look in lighting section,,is afl turned on ?

not messed much with mine,but there is off,intelligent light distribution and corner and bend lighting
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Ok, so took a pic of my options under Lighting> AFL

It doesn't matter which I select, nothing changes at all, and as you can see, there are no tick boxes to select which is the active option.....

I changed the headlight switch from "Auto" to "On" and that also made no difference

Does the little green A icon that I am missing come on when you switch on the ignition? I noticed that it's one of the few that doesn't appear to light up?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191107_180557.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	243892

Comment

Have you checked the fuses 18,19 and 64 under the bonnet?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA1D7116-AE84-44B0-850D-2B4C6AD7AD00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	243893

Comment

I'll take a look over the weekend if the rain stays away long enough

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB87 View Post
              Ok, so took a pic of my options under Lighting> AFL

It doesn't matter which I select, nothing changes at all, and as you can see, there are no tick boxes to select which is the active option.....

I changed the headlight switch from "Auto" to "On" and that also made no difference

Does the little green A icon that I am missing come on when you switch on the ignition? I noticed that it's one of the few that doesn't appear to light up?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2645[/ATTACH]
              Tried mine this morn,as wasnt sure,,the green icon,with the A doesn't come on with ignition,but comes on after engine fires
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Just a thought, the stalk on left when pulled toward you will flash the headlights. but its the pushing away twice fast from you that activates auto dip/high beam.

Comment

Yep, thats what I was trying. Going to check fuses tomorrow.....

Comment

Just a word to the wise , don't take lots of fuses at once
                    Ref another thread on here .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Right, after some searching through my old posts I may have found the answer. From MY16 they came out the factory with the options turned off. They should have been turned on at the PDI inspection when new or with the complaint from a customer. The standard setting from production plant is “OFF” (AFL without function)! AFL setting (AFL3) has to be activated at PDI or upon customer complaint.

Unfortunately the link to the original article is not working anymore but link to my old post is here: https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...16-Elite-model

You need to contact the dealership to get the functions of the AFL activated.
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                        Right, after some searching through my old posts I may have found the answer. From MY16 they came out the factory with the options turned off. They should have been turned on at the PDI inspection when new or with the complaint from a customer. The standard setting from production plant is “OFF” (AFL without function)! AFL setting (AFL3) has to be activated at PDI or upon customer complaint.

Unfortunately the link to the original article is not working anymore but link to my old post is here: https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...16-Elite-model

You need to contact the dealership to get the functions of the AFL activated.
                        That would tie in with OnStar quoting my car as a 2016 variant, despite being registered in the 2nd half of 2015......

As the car has been exported from England to Ireland, I hope to **** that Opel won't have the balls to charge me for activating the feature.

Thanks for the info 😁

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB87 View Post
                          That would tie in with OnStar quoting my car as a 2016 variant, despite being registered in the 2nd half of 2015......

As the car has been exported from England to Ireland, I hope to **** that Opel won't have the balls to charge me for activating the feature.

Thanks for the info [emoji16]
                          Mines the same registered October 2015, comes up 2016

Comment

Just emailed Opel to see if they will activate AFL-3 for free..... I await with baited breath..... Hopefully the fact that mine is a Vauxhall, and not an Opel, and also that it was purchased from a 3rd party rather than Main Dealer won't cause an issue.....

Will update further when I hear back

Comment

Dont see why being purchased from 3rd party should make any difference, If it was missed when new and as its part of cars spec then it should be done for nowt.

Comment

Thats exactly my thoughts..... fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
                                X