Loving AFL - but Main Beam Assist Doesn't Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving AFL - but Main Beam Assist Doesn't Work

Just collected my 2015 Sports Tourer Elite yesterday, first time having a car with AFL, holy crap it's great! Headlights turning with steering wheel is slightly trippy as I'm not used to it haha

I have the xenons, but double press of main beam stalk doesn't seem to activate main beam assist?? I am definitely doing more than the minimum speed to activate it.... any ideas?

Are you pushing the stalk away from you twice ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I am yes

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB87 View Post
        I am yes
        Strange,high beam assist should activate over 25mph
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Does it matter that the headlight switch is set to auto?

Comment

Does it matter that the headlight switch is set to auto?
            No it doesn't matter

Comment

just a button on the GS --- quite impressive, hope you sort it

Comment

I also found it difficult but persevere untill it works, are you looking at the normal green (low beam) and blue (high beam) warning lights expecting to see the little "A" appear? That was one of the reasons mine did not appear to work, there is separate light further to the right, also try operating the switch twice but little faster.

Comment

Light switch is set to auto down to the right of the steering wheel, so green lights icon is illuminated. I have tried a quick double press of the main beam stalk and a slower double press too. Tried pressing and holding too. I wonder if main beam assist has it's own fuse possibly? 🤔🤔

Comment

Should be this light

Comment

also I find it does not seen to activate unless its on dark road when no lights coming at me tried on street lite roads few times but with little success.

Comment

Yeah I'm not getting that light at all 🤔

I will see if I can find an unlit straight road in the dark to try...... not the easiest of things 😂

Comment

Double click main beam stalk really quickly.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

What speed are you driving at when you push the stalk?
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Yeah I'm not getting that light at all ��

I will see if I can find an unlit straight road in the dark to try...... not the easiest of things ��
                              I kept trying on street lit roads (no cars coming at me) but nothing until I got on dimly lit road on industrial estate I'm wondering if its safety feature so as to not keep blinding oncoming traffic while flicking stalk.

Comment

Working...
                              X