Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted headlight pre-facelift 2011 full unit ballast/plugs needed too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted headlight pre-facelift 2011 full unit ballast/plugs needed too.

Hi,

I have a seriously water damaged headlight in my pre-facelift 2011 elite the dipped beam has stopped working completely, really, really struggling to find a unit to replace mine without spending stupid money, it’s the xenon one with AFL Lamps (think I’m describing it right)

ANY help would be appreciated, the prices I’m being quoted for new is scary and my MOT is due next month.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Coatsey View Post
    Hi,

I have a seriously water damaged headlight in my pre-facelift 2011 elite the dipped beam has stopped working completely, really, really struggling to find a unit to replace mine without spending stupid money, it’s the xenon one with AFL Lamps (think I’m describing it right)

ANY help would be appreciated, the prices I’m being quoted for new is scary and my MOT is due next month.

Thanks in advance!
    Ebay or facebook market place or insignia group on facebook. Someone was breaking one £180 for both AFL headlamps.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
      Ebay or facebook market place or insignia group on facebook. Someone was breaking one £180 for both AFL headlamps.
      Tried eBay, struggling, we are on about the ore-facelift here aren’t we? Not seen anything less than 3-400, will try Facebook, thanks!!

Comment

Tried eBay, struggling, we are on about the ore-facelift here aren’t we? Not seen anything less than 3-400, will try Facebook, thanks!!
        Yeah preface mate

Comment

Yeah preface mate

Thanks, just requested to join a insignia group with around 8k members biggest one I could find, assuming it’s that one, thanks again for the help!

Comment

Thanks, just requested to join a insignia group with around 8k members biggest one I could find, assuming it’s that one, thanks again for the help!
            Which side is it?

Comment

Which side is it?
              Drivers side buddy

Comment

Drivers side buddy
                Your headlight will probably be ok. It's the ballest that has blown due to water. You Can check it by swapping over the otherside.
                I and a few others have found the ballest from Germany works perfectly, around 106 pounds takes a couple off days to get to you. In the mean time take light out and dry it with a hairdryer, seal all round with silicone where the plastic meets the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Happypostie View Post
                  Your headlight will probably be ok. It's the ballest that has blown due to water. You Can check it by swapping over the otherside.
                  I and a few others have found the ballest from Germany works perfectly, around 106 pounds takes a couple off days to get to you. In the mean time take light out and dry it with a hairdryer, seal all round with silicone where the plastic meets the glass.
                  Had a brand new ballast in and dried out the headlight, worked fine for 2 weeks and then went again, thinking is cracked somewhere or something? Not sure, found a cheap enough headlight anyways, picking up this weekend.

Comment

Had a brand new ballast in and dried out the headlight, worked fine for 2 weeks and then went again, thinking is cracked somewhere or something? Not sure, found a cheap enough headlight anyways, picking up this weekend.
                    It will have a break in the seal somewhere on the light. I'd reseal it and keep as a spare I have 1 spare for each side.

Comment

It will have a break in the seal somewhere on the light. I'd reseal it and keep as a spare I have 1 spare for each side.
                      My old one had a very fine hairline crack in the black plastic body of the headlight,right next to where bumper screw mount is,,,it was leaking in badly and took some finding
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Will do! Appreciate the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                          My old one had a very fine hairline crack in the black plastic body of the headlight,right next to where bumper screw mount is,,,it was leaking in badly and took some finding
                          I go on holiday tomorrow so left my car with the mechanic, told him whilst I’m away to have a play with my old unit see if he can save it, he’s very trusted too so if he can he will, I’m pretty useless with stuff like this..., thanks for the post!

Comment

I go on holiday tomorrow so left my car with the mechanic, told him whilst I’m away to have a play with my old unit see if he can save it, he’s very trusted too so if he can he will, I’m pretty useless with stuff like this..., thanks for the post!
                            A good bead off silicone round the whole light. Should be good enough to seal it. Mine has been bone dry in over 18 months now.

Comment

Working...
                            X