extra illumination when reversing required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extra illumination when reversing required

I have changed the reverse bulbs to LED, cant remember the wattage they are 600lm but looking to upgrade these again (hopefully 80w and around 1000lm a bulb), have also got the LED numberplate lights, cheap set from china but they are too big for the holes.
    got these

guessing where it says "not caravan" means they dont fit my 2014 estate

Has anyone bought a set that were a direct fit, or can these replacement units (or the holder on the boot) be trimmed to accomodate them (they do work and are brighter than std).

Have no street light outside my house and have now caught the low wall twice when reversing into the drive, wall has been partially knocked down as widening the drive but gonna knock more down anyway.

Also looking to put an outside led light if i can get one with a remote cheap enough
    Last edited by shaggy6boys; 07-11-2019, 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Hi mate, just fitted these only took 5 minutes give them a try.

Mines a 66 plate 1.6 Cdti vxline nav hatchback

FOR Vauxhall Insignia 2009-2017 Xenon White LED Number Plate Light Bulbs. Give Your Vauxhall the Modern Look with White LED Bulbs. -2x 9LEDs Canbus (Error Free) Xenon White Bulbs. BRIGHT WHITE. Latest 2022 Technology.

Comment

cheers, saw them earlier when looking for some more options, will give them a try.
      Are these bulbs only or complete unit?

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
        I have changed the reverse bulbs to LED, cant remember the wattage they are 600lm but looking to upgrade these again (hopefully 80w and around 1000lm a bulb), have also got the LED numberplate lights, cheap set from china but they are too big for the holes.
        got these

guessing where it says "not caravan" means they dont fit my 2014 estate

Has anyone bought a set that were a direct fit, or can these replacement units (or the holder on the boot) be trimmed to accomodate them (they do work and are brighter than std).

Have no street light outside my house and have now caught the low wall twice when reversing into the drive, wall has been partially knocked down as widening the drive but gonna knock more down anyway.

Also looking to put an outside led light if i can get one with a remote cheap enough
        The full units will always feel a bit loose.
        Gently heat the clip end and pull it out a little....this will tighten it.

Comment

If you also put hazards and rear fog light on while reversing on dark road it helps

Comment

I'll have to try that, thanks ilunn

The part of the wall i've caught is only about a foot high so has scraped the bumper, should cost less than £200 in bodyshop but gonna give this a go myself but only once i can see behind and get rid of that foot that sticks out (Wall never came down straight so left a jagged edge)

RBH - i've trimmed the holders on the opposite edge to the clip so they look like they'll fit lengthways but the led unit is wider than than the hole available so i'll see what some heated persuasion can do.

Comment

They are just the bulbs so they are pretty easy to fit

Comment

501 LED's fitted to number plate, look better and brighter, have got some NATGIC w16w's on order, supposedly 900lm each

supposed to arrive tomorrow so see what they are like.

Another thing i've looked into is undercar neons or some USB strip lights under the rear bumper corners

Comment

...or replace the wall with a hedge (much softer)
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

501 LED's fitted to number plate, look better and brighter, have got some NATGIC w16w's on order, supposedly 900lm each

supposed to arrive tomorrow so see what they are like.

Another thing i've looked into is undercar neons or some USB strip lights under the rear bumper corners
                    Some w16w bulbs are too wide for the reverse apeture
                    Last edited by RBH; 11-11-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

hedge would be nice but drive slopes and wall holds up about 2-3 ft of soil

will see what the new w16w are like

tried to see if i could get these in the uk (supposedly 3000lm)
                      1. These CANBUS LED bulbs don't work for cargo light for the 2021 Ram 1500.2. These CANBUS LED bulbs don't work for reverse light for the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban.3. These CANBUS LED bulbs don't work for reverse light for the 2018-2021 Honda Accord.4. These CANBUS LED bulbs don't work for reverse light for the 2016-2021

Comment

something like this may be another option

flush fit led's, wired and relayed to come on with with reverse (beyond my skills), see what an auto electrician will quote me.

Comment

12v.....they wouldn't need relays.
                          + & - straight into the reverse live and earth.

Comment

something like this may be another option

flush fit led's, wired and relayed to come on with with reverse (beyond my skills), see what an auto electrician will quote me.
                            Think they need to be under car as would blind any one is facing backward.

Comment

looking at fitting them to the lowest parts of the bumper should it happen, possibly on the black insert so they should at least point towards the ground. As long as they can illuminate enough so i can see low objects when looking in the side mirrors it'll do me.

if its just a case of soldering the wires to the reverse wires i'll have a look for the best access point to join them up, guessing it'll be towards the top of the tailgate.

Comment

Working...
                              X