No announcement yet.

Clutch gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luk have pulled them all. I actually looked as well, no flywheel available anywhere for the insignia 170 engine. Can get a make called VM but they expensive for a cheapo.
    All sites quick to say yes, until you start checking details.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

no sachs either ?
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Nv16flb try it nothing anywhere for a flywheel

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Same issue apparently. He rang Luk technical because couldn't understand why none available

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
            what?!!!!

Phil...……...yep, correct.

I only had the car over 3 weeks and had only done 426 miles since buying it and it started slipping.

car was showing 42k on the clock
            contacted the garage and they took it in, checked it and confirmed the clutch was on its way out......Bought it from a VX dealer, so it was still under their warranty.

cost me £0.00 but got the invoice from them as proof of the work being completed using genuine VX parts - £1786

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Phil...……...yep, correct.

I only had the car over 3 weeks and had only done 426 miles since buying it and it started slipping.

car was showing 42k on the clock
              contacted the garage and they took it in, checked it and confirmed the clutch was on its way out......Bought it from a VX dealer, so it was still under their warranty.

cost me £0.00 but got the invoice from them as proof of the work being completed using genuine VX parts - £1786
              that's just silly money,.. might as well buy something expensive as the repair costs are getting stupid

Comment

that's just silly money,.. might as well buy something expensive as the repair costs are getting stupid
                yep...…….I was totally shocked...…...just delighted I was covered.
                if not, I was returning the car

Comment

And I'm 5 months out of warranty. Don't get me wrong, these things happen but damn I'm really pissed about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                    And I'm 5 months out of warranty. Don't get me wrong, these things happen but damn I'm really pissed about it.
                    No bloody wonder mate.

Comment

i would be too,... someone is missing out on a few Christmas pressis this year

Comment

i would be too,... someone is missing out on a few Christmas pressis this year
                        Aye...Mr Poorboy's, Mr Infinity, Mr Simonize and Mr Carplan

Comment

Me that's missing . Xmas bonus if any will pay for some. Window tint money some more. Also got to make up 24 hours pay this month for time lost, still at work now.
                          Honeymoon is over, don't feel so inclined to clean anymore . Beside we have pledge and this. Washed company van other week and dried it with a few sprays of this, looked OK .

Comment

I wonder if things that should last 100,000 mile plus are failing as manufactures like Vauxhall are subbing out manufacturing to the cheapest bider some being places like poland and Russia and as long as they last the warranty they aren't bothered.

Comment

Me that's missing . Xmas bonus if any will pay for some. Window tint money some more. Also got to make up 24 hours pay this month for time lost, still at work now.
                              Honeymoon is over, don't feel so inclined to clean anymore . Beside we have pledge and this. Washed company van other week and dried it with a few sprays of this, looked OK .
                              See.....now your coming around to my car cleaning budgets .

Remember, it's the thought that counts when getting your loved ones Xmas presents....... Poundland has a nice selection of goodies for the skint/tight/frugal buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                                I wonder if things that should last 100,000 mile plus are failing as manufactures like Vauxhall are subbing out manufacturing to the cheapest bider some being places like poland and Russia and as long as they last the warranty they aren't bothered.
                                If you read about clutches average life is between 30k and 60k. But again depends how driven. I don't ride the clutch but do spend a lot of time in City traffic. It was also a hire car so will have had some stick.

Comment

Working...
                                X