Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Window Mouldings/Surrounds?

Hi all,

I’d like to add some chrome around my windows, I have the strip that runs along the bottom and would like to match the top with a chrome surround too, at the moment it is just a black rubber trim. A quick search on google doesn’t seem to show what I am looking for, maybe I’m calling them the wrong thing! Either way, does anyone know where I can find what I am looking for? Or does anyone have what I mean for sale? I know a lot of people remove them! It’s for a 2016 hatch.

Thanks in advance.

The preface all had them but only some facelift models had them
    The chrome trims actually clip onto lips on the top of the door trims.
    I looked into these and fitted them on mine.
    So......you can either get the proper ones from the preface as these are far easier to find in a scrappies and all the door rubbers.
    The rubbers need to be removed from the donor car and it's a ball ache doing so.
    Yours then need to be removed and the preface ones fitted and then the chrome trims clipped back on in place.
    Or
    You can buy brand new chrome trims from AliExpress and have them shipped from China.....these just stick over your existing black trims.... marko301 did this with his old Insignia A.
    Or if you don't want to wait on the Chinese ones......you can just get the chrome trims from the preface and stick them over the black trims but will need trimmed on the bottom edges and will protrude slightly but not noticeable.

Last option is the one I chose....very effective.....and as most will tell you, I chose it coz I'm a tight git

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190330_160755158.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	243894

Comment

Yeah the ones from Ali don't come without their faults....Namely the gap behind them. They stick on with 3M tape so its only a slight gap. You can't see it but rain gets behind them. Not a problem in itself but in winter when rain got behind them then froze, it opened the gap. I rectified this by filling all the gaps with black Tiger Seal. They were fine after that and looked quite effective.

This was them fitted
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks for the help. I’ll try the scrapyard first. Maybe I’ll wait for it to warm up too!

Comment

In't it funny, those with black want chrome, and those with chrome want black. Talk about other bloke's grass
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
          X