Dtuk CRD2+ people’s opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dtuk CRD2+ people’s opinions

I’ve just purchased one of these. What do people think of these. I’m going to get a map in the long run but for now I’ve got one of these

So any good or rubbish?

What I’ve read they seem pretty good

I have got one but can’t for the life of me seem to get it on a setting I actually like. I had it on one setting and it kept putting it into limp mode until it had done a regen.

Interested to know what setting most people have it on

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
      I’ve just purchased one of these. What do people think of these. I’m going to get a map in the long run but for now I’ve got one of these

So any good or rubbish?

What I’ve read they seem pretty good
      think the best thing dtuk do,is their pedal boxes,,the tuning boxes (including all manufacturers) just trick the ecu into overfuelling...remap everytime, over tuning box
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I know of someone ( on a different forum) that had a DTUK CRD fitted and he thaught it was the best thing he had ever done as a mod / tuning device.
        Until a couple of days later , the car went into limp mode , and the whole car went wobbly.he could not understand why , so we told him to take it off and try the car , he did that , and still no good , in the end he had to,take the car for an hour and a halfs run for it to,perform a regen .
        Seems as above they are good at over fueling giving you the required performance upgrade but it's doing it all the time and thus is detrimental to the DPF regen cycles.

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So far so good with this box. You have to find the map that suits your engine. I’ve got mine on map2 +3 and seems spot on. I did put it on map 3 +3 but it made the car misfire in a way.

I’m debating weather to get a pedal box now and run both of them

Comment

I run both pedal box and the chip box. Tbh I can’t really feel much of a difference with the chip box on various settings. I would say stick with the pedal box as that give the better feel of quick acceleration.
            I did run the chip box on 3 +3 and yes it gave me all manor of problems mainly screwing up the fuel rail pressure sensor and also kept putting the car into limp mode until it did a regen. Also it has made the miles between regents a lot lot longer which I think made it overfull and when it did a regen on a run I couldn’t accelerate past 2000rpm

Comment

So far so good with this box. You have to find the map that suits your engine. I’ve got mine on map2 +3 and seems spot on. I did put it on map 3 +3 but it made the car misfire in a way.

I’m debating weather to get a pedal box now and run both of them
              I think mines on 2 +3 and my pedal box on 3 +1 which give amazing acceleration between 50 and a certain 3 figure number

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                I think mines on 2 +3 and my pedal box on 3 +1 which give amazing acceleration between 50 and a certain 3 figure number
                I wasn’t meant to be spending money the rest of this month. So far I’ve got a maxton design splitter hids and now a pedal box may be been collected tomorrow.

Have you tried your pedal box on 3+3?

Comment

I wasn’t meant to be spending money the rest of this month. So far I’ve got a maxton design splitter hids and now a pedal box may be been collected tomorrow.

Have you tried your pedal box on 3+3?
                  Yeah I have and all I can say is prepare yourself

Especially if the road is mildly moist

I have it on 3 +1 as I feel 3 +3 is just a little to harsh on the clutch or could just be my driving

Comment

I've been running my Racechip since Xmas day, I have it maxed out, and so far it's been great, haven't had any problems with it at all, and car feels better than ever, and getting better mpg too
                    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

I've used a number of Tuning Boxes in the past and while they do give you a good boost in bhp & lbft, in my opinion they shouldn't be used constantly. My Veccy CDTi 150 was used as a bit of a mule to test and develop lots of boxes and whilst it was good fun it didn't do the car any good at all.

You can't beat a remap or better still buy a powerful car to start with.
                      2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Working...
                      X