Hardwiring Dash Cam with Piggyback issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardwiring Dash Cam with Piggyback issue

Went out to hardwire my front facing dashcam this morning (still have the rear to do yet)

When wired in, I am getting permanent power going to the dash cam, and not switching off after 10seconds of ignition off - like my 2011 Insignia used to do......

I couldn't use fuse 6 or 7 as there already other piggyback units in place - I am not sure what they are for either.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191110_100819.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	249386

I have temporarily piggybacked off one of the body control units, as I figured they would be switched live?

Anybody else got the other 2 piggyback units in their Insignias? Or even any other suggestions for hardwiring through the fusebox?

Just wondering if it's whats there is from Factory? If not I will have to try and find time to rip the dash apart to trace them

the piggy backs that are already there wont be from factory
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Do you have a towbar?

Comment

No to the towbar to the best of my knowledge. Definitely no ball sticking out the back

I might try replacing one of the piggybacks with the dash cam one and see if anything stops working

Comment

Could be a hidden towing hitch so not visible.
          Do you know who owned the car before ?
          Only reason why I ask is my van has a masternaut system installed by the leasing company and that's wired in through a set of piggy back fuses .
          But that's only a wild guess

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I had a look earlier when I went out, no tow hitch. Car was owned by a leasing company from what I can tell. Unplugged and swaped around the various piggybacks, and got mine working. Just have to hardwire the boot one in now, and trace back the 2 pre existing piggybacks to figure them out and remove them

Comment

Working...
            X