Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing broken sunvisor mirror

Hello guys,

Can anyone offer some advice as to how I might change a broken sunvisor mirror on a 2010 Insignia?

Do I change just the mirror, the mirror and the plastic trim surrounding it or the entire sunvisor?

The easiest way is to replace the entire visor. Should be able to pick one up from a breakers yard.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      The easiest way is to replace the entire visor. Should be able to pick one up from a breakers yard.
      I feared as much. I'd avoid it if possible, though. They won't sell me just the left one, the one that's broken, they want to sell the pair. I'd rather just replace the glass if at all possible. I can easily get a piece of glass cut at the right size and at a fifth of the price of the visor pair.

Comment

Breakers get more useless by the day. Selling a pair is ridiculous. I'm not sure then. I've never studied one to know if just the mirror can be replaced and a tidy job made.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          Breakers get more useless by the day. Selling a pair is ridiculous. I'm not sure then. I've never studied one to know if just the mirror can be replaced and a tidy job made.
          I'd take a screwdriver to it and see what I can pry loose but I'm afraid of breaking any plastic clips and then have the darn thing rattle or worse, have it not stay on anymore. It's better to learn from someone else's mistakes don't ask me how I've come to that realization . That's why I was hoping someone here could help me.

Comment

Working...
          X