2010 2.0cdti won’t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
    Going on what we use to be able to do with tech2 on saabs you should be able to remove old ECU and add new via vxdiag using donor vin number and carpass ID .
    Wth that you don't need global 'Tis security access
    I cant find anywhere on the gds2 or tech2win software to program the ecu.Also on my last post the only current dtc is
    Electronic Brake Control Module
    U0140
    Lost Communication with Body Control Module
    Invalid Data
    Current
    This Ignition Cycle
    Failed
    DTC Current Status
    Current
    DTC History Status
    History
    MIL Status
    Not Requested
    The rest are either passed or history?

Comment

• Just doing continuity tests on this.if I test between pins 17 on brake module to pin 25 on bcm I get continuity.If I test pin 18 brake to 24 bcm I get continuity.If I cross test between 18 & 24 & 17 &25 I also get continuity is that right or does it look like they are touching somewhere?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	C01CAEC0-D8BC-4389-AAFB-7E6F6834620F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	244100

Comment

• Do you know what all these pins are for on the brake module and bcm and what the values should be ?
        All I can think of trying is disconnecting each of these modules and running a live feed to one of the pins and see if the corresponding one makes a complete circuit then you will know if it's right or the wires are touching.
        Also on one of your last posts the read out .it was saying that communication had been lost to the BCM .
        Which has been a fault for a bit of time now .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
          Do you know what all these pins are for on the brake module and bcm and what the values should be ?
          All I can think of trying is disconnecting each of these modules and running a live feed to one of the pins and see if the corresponding one makes a complete circuit then you will know if it's right or the wires are touching.
          Also on one of your last posts the read out .it was saying that communication had been lost to the BCM .
          Which has been a fault for a bit of time now .
          I can find out what the pins are from the manual I have.my next test is going to be continuity between ecu & electronic brake control module hopefully it’s telling me there’s no breaks in the wires but not showing any wires touching togetherThe brake module is directly below the coolant reservoir which is a little wet but could be condensation as the car dosent loose coolant but it’s a silly place to be as spillage May cause shorts

Comment

• I have had a problem with my wipers for ages they would come on when ignition turned on & would randomly park & the intermittent mode would not work.Since disconnecting the brake module testing then plugging back in the wipers are back to working correct

Comment

• So today I have continuity tested between pins 6 on the brake module to pin 65 on the ecu & pin 5 brake to pin 66 ecu & I have continuity on both.If I cross test between pins 5&65 & pins 6&66 I don’t get continuity so I believe I have a pair of can wires shorted together between the bcm & ebcmThese PIN numbers are from the workshop manual.These tests are done with plugs out of the modules so it’s isolating any problems with the modules.

Comment

• I admire your perseverence Daz
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

• Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                  I admire your perseverence Daz
                  Cheers mate I don't like to be beaten

Comment

• Originally posted by dazaston View Post
                    So today I have continuity tested between pins 6 on the brake module to pin 65 on the ecu & pin 5 brake to pin 66 ecu & I have continuity on both.If I cross test between pins 5&65 & pins 6&66 I don’t get continuity so I believe I have a pair of can wires shorted together between the bcm & ebcmThese PIN numbers are from the workshop manual.These tests are done with plugs out of the modules so it’s isolating any problems with the modules.
                    You could go about this in two ways
                    1 disconnect both wires about 50mm from the connectors and put 2 temporary wires in. OR
                    2 remove insulation tape (loom covering) and inspect carefully the wires as you go. If you go down this route keep the multimeter across the pins as there is quite a good chance that as you remove insulation you would disturb a short at this point no point in going any further as you making more work for yourself.

Comment

• It’s a pain trying to get to the loom in places so I think I’m going to try just pulling a pair of cables in & joining them at each end & cutting the offending wires

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	0425D06A-A892-4CB7-9267-DA9CA8F88958.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	245294
                        Sorry it’s been a while but looks like I have a canbus fault.something is pulling the voltages down

Comment

Working...
                        X