2010 2.0cdti won’t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dazaston View Post
    No it wouldn't start the other night & the battery went flat so put on a new battery.Opcom is showing no faults & the compression is good according to opcom.Someone know is breaking an insignia with seized engine so he said I can borrow the fuel rail sensor & the fuel regulator so going to try them tomorrow.
    Checked fuses?
    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

All fuses are good

Comment

Does anyone think the crank position sensor could be at fault? not tried anything today due to bad weather in Sheffield but been searching the net & read about a crank sensor not giving correct signal to ecu to deliver the fuel

Comment

Hello if it was the cps it would of thrown a code the car would start but code logged .
          So you are getting diesel from the intank pump up to the sucking side of the high pressure pump ?
          Are you getting diesel out of the blowing side of the high pressure pump when cranking ?
          How did you confirm that the cambelt is still attached? .
          You have opcom , go onto live data and see what the values are when cranking
          When was the last time the car atchually started ?
          Have you tried spraying some acclerant ( brake cleaner or the like ) into the inlet side to see if the car will try to run ? .
          Have you tried turning the car over by hand on the crankshaft pulley to see if it's turning over freely ?.

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

It has been a non starter for a week now.theres fuel from the tank pump to the high pressure pump but on cranking theres no fuel coming out of the high pressure pump to the rail.The cam belt is fine I have checked that,On cranking opcom reads fluctuating rpm,s upto about 150 down to about 50 but the cranking sound dosent slow or speed up.
            I found this website that's making me wonder if it could be the crank sensor
            Crankshaft position sensors produce a signal, that talks to engine computers or modules. And, provide the exact position of all the pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by dazaston View Post
              It has been a non starter for a week now.theres fuel from the tank pump to the high pressure pump but on cranking theres no fuel coming out of the high pressure pump to the rail.The cam belt is fine I have checked that,On cranking opcom reads fluctuating rpm,s upto about 150 down to about 50 but the cranking sound dosent slow or speed up.
              I found this website that's making me wonder if it could be the crank sensor
              https://dannysengineportal.com/crank...ition-sensors/
              Take it off and clean it see if its cracked, years ago my bm had a crack in it
              The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

The cps controls ignition timing or injection timing .
                You have no fuel conning out of your high pressure pump.
                So you have to start looking at why you have no fuel conning out of your high pressure pump .
                The cps dose not control the pump the pump is mechanical driven by a drive belt .and delivers fuel no matter what .
                But if you think it's the cps then replace.but it would of thrown a code .
                Are you getting fuel rail pressures on your opcom .
                Also you should be able to check the cps by back probing the reference signal and ground you should have 5v reference voltage with ignition on .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

This with ignition onClick image for larger version

Name:	6BB8C0B4-17E0-4C0B-97E9-87698F7C13C1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	243931

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1E4970E8-E35E-458B-8CB9-C1ECE45C6EB1.jpg
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	243930
                    This is while cranking

Comment

Sorry I don’t know how the pics turned upside down ����

Comment

By turning my head upside down and doing a Barney shake ,
                        Fuel pressure regulator value seems very high when cranking .1,336 MA

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Any idea what could cause that & could that be the problem?

Comment

The fuel pressure regulator it's self or the wiring . seems you may have an open circuit.

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So possible fuel regulator fault?

Comment

Changed fuel pressure regulator still no start tried a few things on Vaux com & got this if it makes any sense to anyoneClick image for larger version

Name:	7C34ABE9-929A-41C3-AF98-A57B463405FF.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	243957

Comment

Working...
                                X