2010 2.0cdti won’t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 2.0cdti won’t start

Hi guys my car refuses to start.It tries to fire but won’t run.No fault codes on opcom.I have loosened the injector pipes & there’s no fuel coming out.The pump in the tank hums & if you the pipe off the high pressure pump it shoots out.The car has a brand new battery on.
    TIA

Do you have home start?

Comment

No breakdown cover.i have just replaced the fuel filter & there’s fuel being pumped to the high pressure pump but when I open any injector pipes there’s no fuel coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by dazaston View Post
        No breakdown cover.i have just replaced the fuel filter & there’s fuel being pumped to the high pressure pump but when I open any injector pipes there’s no fuel coming out.
        Air in the system?
        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

They are supposedly self bleeding systems but opening the injector pipes there’s no fuel coming out under cranking of the engine

Comment

Have you fitted the fuel filter the proper way???

Comment

Check your cambelt is it still attached?
              Yes the voice of doom speaks

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yes that’s fine fuel to the engine bay but nothing to hi pressure rail

Comment

Cam belt is all intact

Comment

Either high pressure pump ( engine bay) or there's a solinoid on the back of the main diesel pump ( I think) that's supposed to energise . could be stuck or has gone wobbly..

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I’m going to change the pressure regulator on the back of the high pressure pump & the sensor on the common rail tomorrow

Comment

You tried another key incase its the immobiliser
                        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Yes no faults showing on opcom or Delphi diagnostics

Comment

Was it running prior to changing the fuel filter?

Comment

No it wouldn't start the other night & the battery went flat so put on a new battery.Opcom is showing no faults & the compression is good according to opcom.Someone know is breaking an insignia with seized engine so he said I can borrow the fuel rail sensor & the fuel regulator so going to try them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X