2010 2.0cdti won’t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
    Looks like you have lost communication to the BCM.transmission control and ECU .sound like you have .lost multiple canbus communication .to modules .it's either the canbus .or you may have to start looking at the rece ( which is the main engine fuse box) .
    I now have a workshop manual & I'm going to remove the fuse box & test all the ingoing power & grounds on the plugs to make sure everything is right going into the fuse box. If that is right put fuse box back in & move onto each module testing. My idea is if I rule out the live & grounds then I need to look at can bus wiring then the modules.

Comment

• That's the best way to go about it

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• does anyone know if the fuse box under bonnet would just swap from another car or does it need pairing to it?

Comment

• I think it's plug and play.
          Because I don't think it's a module as such .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I think it's plug and play.
            Because I don't think it's a module as such .
            Thanks lizzard-t
            had the fuse box off today the relay shown earlier in the thread was so loose you could tap it and loose output, closed all contacts on printed circuit board re-assembled and re=fitted but still wont start, Any idea which module is the master CAN unit, its the A20DTH engine 2010 car.

Comment

• Hello ilunn the master is the engine ECU .all others are connected via can high and low signal wires .is that car automatic? Because one of the communication errors was to do with the transmission on the last picture he put up .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hello ilunn the master is the engine ECU .all others are connected via can high and low signal wires .is that car automatic? Because one of the communication errors was to do with the transmission on the last picture he put up .
                No manual transmission, did try CAN resistance at engine ecu but got know resistance value! looking at circuit diagram it does not show any resistors unless there built in to ecu but then again expected to see 120 ohm or 60 ohm but no just got 0.

Comment

• Credit to you for refusing to be beaten

Comment

• There are 2 resistors , 1 is built into the ECU I think the other is in the dashboard binnacle.
                    Both are 60 ohms ,so equates to 120 ohms , you should be getting 60 ohms , no matter where you test from .
                    If no resistance then as you know there's a lot of current flow going somewhere..

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

There are 2 resistors , 1 is built into the ECU I think the other is in the dashboard binnacle.
                      Both are 60 ohms ,so equates to 120 ohms , you should be getting 60 ohms , no matter where you test from .
                      If no resistance then as you know there's a lot of current flow going somewhere..
                      when i say no resistance I mean "open circuit" there is a "Data Link Connector" shown on circuit as X1 anyone know where it is located also A11 multi function control module?

Comment

• just wondering if ecu has power would the injectors still trigger even with no CAN line as the feeds to each injector coil come of master ecu?

Comment

• If ECU had power then the injectors would still trigger

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Just a thought.Could a glow plug relay short out without a fault code shutting the engine down? I think it’s easy enough to get to & replace

Comment

• Update I have tested the ecu pins k2 k4 k6 for ground all good k2 k3 k5 all show battery voltage. k65 k66 show 60.5 ohms on can data high all with ecu plugged in

Comment

• So you have power and grounds and can high data link . With 60.5 ohms so you have risistance which is correct .
                                Have you ran a scan to see if you have communication with the ecu
                                Because on the last photo you posted you had no communication to the ECU or the BCM or the transmission moduke.
                                Which seems confusing because a manual gearbox would not have a control module.
                                And in answer to your question ref the glowplug relay it would not immoberlise the car at all .
                                I know this is going back somewhat, but have you checked the CPS to see if that is producing a pulse signal ?

.K.M.P.C.U
                                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                                X