No announcement yet.

2010 2.0cdti won’t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delved a bit further into vauxcom now getting theiClick image for larger version

Name:	895C540A-75FE-4CB3-A795-FD08E54CE05F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	243962

Comment

I can see your problem.........................its upside down
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
        I can see your problem.........................its upside down
        maybe he's Australian

Comment

Sorry I’ve not got a clue why the pics turn upside down from my phone ����

Comment

You have to alter the photo by rotating it through 360 degrees .
            Ref your u0073-00 code the can lines ( can high / low ) are either shorted , broken .
            If you feel brave and have a digital volt meter and wiring diagram, then you can start testing the can lines .
            They are the only 2 wires twisted together in there whole trip,to each module
            And normally are red and blue in colour.measure the resistance you should be getting 60 ohms steady ,

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I have a multi meter & being a sparky I’m ok with doing wiring faults in buildings but vehicle wiring is a whole new ball game but I’m willing to give it a go.Any pointers in where to start?

Comment

Reading material https://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co...affled.557969/

Comment

Originally posted by Redlands View Post
                  I have actually read that before & its a bit worrying it could be the ecu.Can get a 2nd hand ecu cheap on ebay but its the reprogramming that would be a problem

Comment

Dont jump to conclusion that ecu if faulty I did a skoda couple years ago and it was wiring loom that had chafed and was shorting, as it did actually start after swapping the sensor I would start there, buy working back from sensor to just after any fixing of loom (think where can the loom vibrate or possibly rub) undo the outer tape or whatever is holding loom together then when happy wrap back up with black electrical tape,

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                      Dont jump to conclusion that ecu if faulty I did a skoda couple years ago and it was wiring loom that had chafed and was shorting, as it did actually start after swapping the sensor I would start there, buy working back from sensor to just after any fixing of loom (think where can the loom vibrate or possibly rub) undo the outer tape or whatever is holding loom together then when happy wrap back up with black electrical tape,
                      So where would you start looking from the ecu back towards the sensors or from the sensors towards the ecu?

Comment

Start at the ECU that's where the communication error lies .check for corrosion, bent damaged pins as ilunn says broken wiring chafing esp where it may pass through cable ties against brackets etc .
                        Because you have good communication between every other module so it's not a multiple can failure . If it was it would start pulling other modules down as every module is connected via the canbus network .
                        Also another thing you will only get 5v reference voltage when ignition is on .
                        If you get a higher reading then it's the grounds you have to start looking at .

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                          Start at the ECU that's where the communication error lies .check for corrosion, bent damaged pins as ilunn says broken wiring chafing esp where it may pass through cable ties against brackets etc .
                          Because you have good communication between every other module so it's not a multiple can failure . If it was it would start pulling other modules down as every module is connected via the canbus network .
                          Also another thing you will only get 5v reference voltage when ignition is on .
                          If you get a higher reading then it's the grounds you have to start looking at .
                          Brilliant just waiting for a break in the rain to make a start

Comment

Just checked these at fuel rail sensor all with just ignition on. Should the signal voltage be so high?
                            1st pic is feed
                            2nd pic is signal
                            3rd pic ground to battery positive
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4935.jpg
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	243966Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4936.jpg
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	243967Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4937.jpg
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	243968

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              You have to alter the photo by rotating it through 360 degrees .
                              Ref your u0073-00 code the can lines ( can high / low ) are either shorted , broken .
                              If you feel brave and have a digital volt meter and wiring diagram, then you can start testing the can lines .
                              They are the only 2 wires twisted together in there whole trip,to each module
                              And normally are red and blue in colour.measure the resistance you should be getting 60 ohms steady ,
                              This is resistance between pins 6 & 14 at the obd plug
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4932.jpg
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	243969

Comment

Pictures 2&3 are correct

.K.M.P.C.U
                                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                                X