Insignia b owners.......recalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew View Post
    That's brilliant, I hadn't looked at the comments!
    There's another article that's linked - https://www.boards.ie/
    It's even funnier, honest
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      I hope they haven't lost mine because of the plate change.
      Wonder if it’s just a Diesel engine thing? We’re both petrol engines aren’t we.

Comment

I am debating going to a dealer to ask about any recalls on mine. I bought from an independent as I hate the usual big dealers, but I have never had any recall. I am either just lucky or off the radar. What do you think?

Comment

I hope they haven't lost mine because of the plate change.
          mine works with my new plate so am sure you'll be fine - Priory Park only to 10 months to log it properly though!

Comment

I am debating going to a dealer to ask about any recalls on mine. I bought from an independent as I hate the usual big dealers, but I have never had any recall. I am either just lucky or off the radar. What do you think?

put your registration in here Drew and you will find out if you have any outstanding recalls - will only tell you outstanding ones, not ones that have been done.

Comment

Thanks Chewy, that's handy and yes it says mine has a recall (doesn't say what) so I will be contacting a dealer!

Comment

Went to Drive Hartlepool today regards the recall. I was advised there are two, one to check the fitting of the lower side mouldings and the other to check the fuel breather pipe isn't chaffing. I think I've already checked and sorted the breather pipe but it won't harm them checking. Other that fingers crossed I get the car back unmarked! Booked in for a week on Friday.

Comment

Went to Drive Hartlepool today regards the recall. I was advised there are two, one to check the fitting of the lower side mouldings and the other to check the fuel breather pipe isn't chaffing. I think I've already checked and sorted the breather pipe but it won't harm them checking. Other that fingers crossed I get the car back unmarked! Booked in for a week on Friday.

Is the "lower side mouldings" the side vx-line skirt coming unstuck?
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Is the "lower side mouldings" the side vx-line skirt coming unstuck?
                    Yes and no. When I got mine I thought there was a bigger gap at the front of the rear wheelarch on the offside. After my investigation it was a bit bigger! So I ordered some double sided trim tape and fixed it myself. Job done no problems since, there is a small gap but everything is secure. You need a slight gap otherwise things shivver and rub the paint eventually over time causing rust spots. My wifes Corsa has one like this but its 17 so I can excuse that.

I'll see what they say!

Comment

I am test driving an SRI Turbo D 170 tomorrow (finally), GOV site only tells me that there is outstanding recall, but when i go tomorrow can they show me something that says its been sorted or can they show me on their computer what it is that needs sorting, not going buy until they've done it.

Comment

If its a Vauxhall dealership they will be able to check there are no outstanding recalls or updates . If not Vauxhall, then it would have to be taken to a dealership
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by CTID Hants View Post
                          I am test driving an SRI Turbo D 170 tomorrow (finally), GOV site only tells me that there is outstanding recall, but when i go tomorrow can they show me something that says its been sorted or can they show me on their computer what it is that needs sorting, not going buy until they've done it.

Whether it's been done or not. It's a recall so totally free. I wouldn't let it be a deal breaker if they don't know. Does the Gov site say what the recall is? As far as I know, all recalls so far have been for minor things.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks Both

It is a Vauxhall group called Drive, GOV web site only states outstanding recalls with the caveat that it can take up to 3 weeks for the info to be updated once done, so god to know they can check/show me. It won't be a deal breaker as you say but would be nice if already done if i buy it, save me the hassle of going back for it or delaying me from getting it home,

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by CTID Hants View Post
                              Thanks Both

It is a Vauxhall group called Drive, GOV web site only states outstanding recalls with the caveat that it can take up to 3 weeks for the info to be updated once done, so god to know they can check/show me. It won't be a deal breaker as you say but would be nice if already done if i buy it, save me the hassle of going back for it or delaying me from getting it home,

Cheers

Ian
                              The recalls I'm aware of have been to re route the outer rear seat belts (Mine had this recall). A spacer clipped between two pipes to stop them rubbing together and I think a piece of foam fitted above the front wings under the bonnet to divert water. I think there was another but I can't remember what it was. As I say....None of them major.

Comment

The recalls I'm aware of have been to re route the outer rear seat belts (Mine had this recall). A spacer clipped between two pipes to stop them rubbing together and I think a piece of foam fitted above the front wings under the bonnet to divert water. I think there was another but I can't remember what it was. As I say....None of them major.
                                Thanks Marko,

Are there any other questions i should be asking or anything else look out for during my test drive looking it once over?

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Working...
                                X