Service vehicle soon advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service vehicle soon advice

Have this message pop up today ? Is this likely to be dpf related or could it be anything ? Also had esc warning whatever that is ?

Thanks

Originally posted by Luke88 View Post
    Have this message pop up today ? Is this likely to be dpf related or could it be anything ? Also had esc warning whatever that is ?

Thanks
    There is a fault logged. You need codes reading to find fault.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

service vehile soon could be anything i think, check your oil life if you have the % counter on yours, could be its due a change.

ESC is the electronic stability control

Comment

As Matt says there's a peskey code stored .
        But don't rely on a generic code reader because they don't always give you the code .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
          service vehile soon could be anything i think, check your oil life if you have the % counter on yours, could be its due a change.

ESC is the electronic stability control
          Not true, service vehicle soon means an error is logged, this has nothing to do with the oil life.

Mines started to show this message just after a service. I had it checked by the dealer, it logged a lot of messages about cylinder pressure too high and too low. As the car drives perfectly, the dealer look a bit further in their system, it seems this is a spurious error caused by a software issue. Next week the software will be updated, I hope it's gone than. But on your car, it can mean anything. Have it read out by someone with a code reader.

Comment

cheers Ernst

just thought it was a generic service milage counter, learn something every day eh

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
              Not true, service vehicle soon means an error is logged, this has nothing to do with the oil life.

Mines started to show this message just after a service. I had it checked by the dealer, it logged a lot of messages about cylinder pressure too high and too low. As the car drives perfectly, the dealer look a bit further in their system, it seems this is a spurious error caused by a software issue. Next week the software will be updated, I hope it's gone than. But on your car, it can mean anything. Have it read out by someone with a code reader.
              Well, maybe it is true and maybe it is a multi catch all type of message. I seem to remember I had that very message pop-up a couple of years back when my oil life was very close to 0% and I reset it back to 100%, checked for codes (with op-com) and there was no codes stored. Never saw it again.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedwillie View Post
                Well, maybe it is true and maybe it is a multi catch all type of message. I seem to remember I had that very message pop-up a couple of years back when my oil life was very close to 0% and I reset it back to 100%, checked for codes (with op-com) and there was no codes stored. Never saw it again.
                The message to service the vehicle (scheduled oil / filter etc) will read "Service, change engine oil soon"

Comment

I kept getting the SVS message on my 2014 facelift and no faults stored, then it got more regular as in nearly every time you started it up
                  Checked for fault code's again and it was the second exhaust heat temp sensor, it had gone faulty,
                  when cold it was showing a much higher reading than number one sensor.
                  I do get ESC on now and again but only when I wash the car or if its been raining, but as yet no fault codes.

Comment

Working...
                  X