Pf Jones / Right Connections Towbar Wiring Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pf Jones / Right Connections Towbar Wiring Kit

Anyone have any experience with either of the above? I've wired my 7 pin kit from PF Jones in (no problem, very straightforward). All lights seem to work well. CAN data working perfectly (it extends comfort indicators from 3 to 6 when trailer connected) only issue in finding is there's no buzzer or light functioning when the indicators flash. Will ring manufacturer on Monday but I'm sat here trying to get to the bottom of it impatiently...

just had a look at the fitting instructions and on very last page last section that there is different ways that the indication can work. have you tried plugging in to trailer then removing a bulb to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by deadformat View Post
      Anyone have any experience with either of the above? I've wired my 7 pin kit from PF Jones in (no problem, very straightforward). All lights seem to work well. CAN data working perfectly (it extends comfort indicators from 3 to 6 when trailer connected) only issue in finding is there's no buzzer or light functioning when the indicators flash. Will ring manufacturer on Monday but I'm sat here trying to get to the bottom of it impatiently...
      Will have to try the indicator bit,,cant say ive noticed the extra flashes,but it does buzz on indicating,,its a witter on mine
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Factory towbar also does extra flashes on indication but doesn't buzz
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Hi chaps - thanks for all your help. I spoke to "Right Connections" (who manufacture the PF Jones Kit) - in short, it isn't designed to buzz. Apparantly it is acceptable for there to only be an indication when an indicator has failed - as opposed to when it's working. Interestingly after talking to them on the phone, I also found this on their website:

So, I think it's all working properly. I'll whip an indicator bulb out the trailer tonight - apparantly it should cause double-rate flashing of the indicators, to signify a broken bulb.

Actaully makes sense to me - and saves having an annoying buzzer.

Thanks for all your help with this, and the previous post I made on fitting the towbar itself

Comment

Working...
          X