Oil Pressure Seal Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
    yeah understand what youre saying,but if it was normal,once it got to below zero,every diesel insignia in the uk would get the low oil pressure message.
    I get you, I just mean the whole not driving it thing. I won't have a spare £200 for 2 weeks till I get paid, but will need to drive everyday in the meantime. Don't wanna kill my car
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      It's been known for the message to pop up when cold
      As a fluke or the start of something bad? From what people are saying I can't gauge how serious my problem is haha
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
        As a fluke or the start of something bad? From what people are saying I can't gauge how serious my problem is haha
        Nope you can't and that's the problem.
        But the cold weather usually thickens the oil, that's when you see the message pop up.

It's happened to members before in cold weather and they've never seen it since.

But, if it were me, I'd personally get it seen to, just incase.
        Prevention is better than the cure.

Comment

In my experience with that message ( and mine only )
          I had it poop up when below freezing down here in LA
          And I drove it for another 800 miles ,
          Then I took the seller to court and I returned the car he returned my money .
          And to this day someone somewhere is still driving it .
          But I suppose you could call it lucky ?
          But there again calling a car lucky when that happens! I would call it F*~#\R !

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Never had a car with decent oil show low oil pressure, regardless of temperature, so, something is wrong, check oil first, cheapest option, that's it really, unfortunately there is an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              Nope you can't and that's the problem.
              But the cold weather usually thickens the oil, that's when you see the message pop up.

It's happened to members before in cold weather and they've never seen it since.

But, if it were me, I'd personally get it seen to, just incase.
              Prevention is better than the cure.
              Yeah, I'll give it an oil change, if it continues the same after that I'll go get it checked

Comment

Working...
              X