Oil Pressure Seal Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure Seal Cost

Hi all. Having spent nearly £1k on a new egr and turbo recon a month ago Ive had the warning come up on my dash that I've now read so much about. It comes on and disappears after a couple of seconds when the car is cold. Car is a 59 plate 160bhp Sri that's done 126k miles. The mechanic I've spoken to says that it's a time consuming job to change and that if I was going to do it I may as well go for a clutch and flywheel at the same time. Is this wise or am I throwing money away?

Is there much else I could expect to fail on top of what I've already changed?

Should I stop driving the car now or is it OK if I'm steady?

Thanks for any advice. I've done loads of a searches and it appears a lot of people have done it but I can't find any mention of the time it takes / money it costs...

Might help if you let people know where you are in the country----just had mine done and it took about 2 hours and unless your clutch and flywheel are giving you problems I would leave alone---plus there is no need to remove the gearbox---think your mechanic is talking through his a*%s my friend------Dave

Comment

Around 200 quid,which includes an oil,and filter change,,if youre near to Keighley ,theres a guy on fb who is a genius with these engines ….Frank MB motors...

and if it were mine,i wouldn't start it,never mind drive it
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I live in Saltaire just on the edge of Bradford so am close to Keighley. I have driven it a couple of times as I've had no choice. I'll try and contact him and ask the question. The car came with loads of history but no mention of clutch from what I can see but I'd imagine it will have had one on this mileage...

He basically said he had been told there are two types of engine and mine took longer to do. I don't want to scrap it but am also worried (the more I've read) that I could have properly screwed something through not doing some research.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfeeny View Post
          I live in Saltaire just on the edge of Bradford so am close to Keighley. I have driven it a couple of times as I've had no choice. I'll try and contact him and ask the question. The car came with loads of history but no mention of clutch from what I can see but I'd imagine it will have had one on this mileage...

He basically said he had been told there are two types of engine and mine took longer to do. I don't want to scrap it but am also worried (the more I've read) that I could have properly screwed something through not doing some research.
          your man is talking bollox mate,,some gearboxes have 2 cutouts to access 2 of the sump bolts,some don't,,its a case of drilling 2 holes if theyre not there
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

If you give Frank a call at his garage he will help you out plus if you don't want to drive the car he will come and pick it up---he is a top man and knows his stuff and he will probably want a deposit from you before he starts work as he has been let down by many no shows---give him a call as I say he knows what he is talking about-----Dave

Comment

Anyone got a recommended place to go in Scotland for this fault? Mine does it on particularly cold mornings, and I need to drive it every day
              2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
              honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                Anyone got a recommended place to go in Scotland for this fault? Mine does it on particularly cold mornings, and I need to drive it every day
                People travel from all over the UK and even abroad to see this guy so a day out of your life won't hurt--plus he is very reasonable and knows exactly what to do---top man to work on your car------Dave

Comment

...Any good independant should be able to do this job confidently .......

Comment

...at that mileage the Clutch is probably done..........mine went at 109, 000.....a matter of decision...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                      People travel from all over the UK and even abroad to see this guy so a day out of your life won't hurt--plus he is very reasonable and knows exactly what to do---top man to work on your car------Dave
                      My problem is people keep saying don't drive it, and Keighley is 225 miles from me
                      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

My problem is people keep saying don't drive it, and Keighley is 225 miles from me
                        that's because in some cases the engine is gone,bottom end seized,after seeing this message only once

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                          that's because in some cases the engine is gone,bottom end seized,after seeing this message only once
                          It still drives great, but if it's below freezing over night I get the message in the morning, turn it off, start it again and it's fine, feels normal to drive. But people say if that's the case don't drive it, don't know what to think haha

Comment

It's been known for the message to pop up when cold

Comment

It still drives great, but if it's below freezing over night I get the message in the morning, turn it off, start it again and it's fine, feels normal to drive. But people say if that's the case don't drive it, don't know what to think haha
                              yeah understand what youre saying,but if it was normal,once it got to below zero,every diesel insignia in the uk would get the low oil pressure message.

Comment

Working...
                              X