A Few Questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Questions..

I've a 2009 Insignia CDTI and I love it..
    BUT there's one thing that pisses me off about it.. the height of the clutch pedal.
    I've searched everywhere and I can't find any info on how to lower, it even a little would help.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Also, how do I find out what gearbox is fitted to this model, I want to check and renew the oil as I'm pretty sure it could use it.
    And where can I find the paint code?

Any help on the above would be greatly apppreciated!

Originally posted by Nigel H View Post
    I've a 2009 Insignia CDTI and I love it..
    BUT there's one thing that pisses me off about it.. the height of the clutch pedal.
    I've searched everywhere and I can't find any info on how to lower, it even a little would help.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Also, how do I find out what gearbox is fitted to this model, I want to check and renew the oil as I'm pretty sure it could use it.
    And where can I find the paint code?

Any help on the above would be greatly apppreciated!
    Paint code is on a sticker on the pillar inside the front left door, at the bottom, mine was z33c for example. I'm pretty sure it's an F40 gear box. And as for clutch height, it might just take some getting used to, was the clutch half gone of your last car? I noticed he difference when I switched too
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Never had a clutch pedal problem with my siggy, but since I've changed to a zafira, I find it really high..

Comment

Move the seat up

Comment

Hello nigel.
          Clutch pedal cannot be adjusted , it's a hydraulic clutch system , not like the old days of a clutch cable where you could adjust it .
          Gearbox oil can be changed , bit of a faff if working outside at the moment.
          But you require a trolley jack and some axel stands , raise it and support it .remove under tray , on the bottom of the gearbox there's a female hex bolt , to drain it .
          On top ( think it's below battery ) there's another female hex bolt to fill it .
          Just remember,to make sure you can undo the filler plug , before attempting to undo the drain plug .
          Oil quantity is about 1.8 litres of 75w 80 .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

For gearbox type, generally speaking the higher output engines have the F40 box e.g. 160's. The lower output diesels will have tthe M32 e.g. 130's
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thanks for the replies Gents, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
              X