69Reg Insignia Sat Nav updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 69Reg Insignia Sat Nav updates

Has anyone with a 69 reg insignia managed to get any info about updating the SatNav?
    The maps on my new SRi Nav are at least 2 years out of date and despite finding a Vauxhall webpage explaining how to get a free map update within 90 days of purchase the instructions don't work and the Dealer says the map supplier has changed on my model and there are no updates available.
    Neither the my dealer nor Vauxhall Customer Care seem able to tell me if updates are possible on my car and if/when they might be available.

Welcome to the forum, Bill
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for the welcome, hope I get some useful info from the other members as I've still not got anything from Vauxhall.

Comment

Hi Bill,

69 plate will mean you have the new infotainment system? Mine has the latest Navi 900 system they did before changing to your system but I haven't bothered updating the maps yet from buying it new in 2017. I plan to update them next July when the car goes in for its 3rd service but I did ask if a map update was available and the dealers said yes.

I find it odd yours is 2 years out on date on the latest model.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I can find map updates (for a price!) on the Vauxhall website but not for my version of the infotainment system (which I'm struggling to get any information about) so you should be ok.
          I know mine is at least 2 years out of date as the new forth road bridge (Queensbury crossing) which opened in Aug 2017 is shown on the map as a dotted line and all route planning goes over the original bridge.

Comment

I reckon it's this PSA takeover causing licensing issues same as OnStar coming to an end.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Quick update for anyone else with the same problem.
              I submitted a formal complaint to Vauxhall (using the Resolver complaint managing website, as I couldn't find a direct way to complain through the Vauxhall website other than the customer support route that I had already exhausted). I explained the problem from my perspective and stated that I would like them to:
              -Confirm that the Satnav can be updated and how.
              - Confirm whether I have the latest map and, if so, when a new map will be available.
              - Confirm that I will receive an update for free (even if out of the 90 day free update period).
              and that if the above cannot be resolved then I consider the Satnav to be not fit for purpose and the additional cost for this (£790) should be refunded.
              After two weeks, the resolver web site allows you to escalate the problem. After escalation I eventually got the response that an update would become available within the first quarter of 2020 and was sent a voucher that will allow me to get this update for free.
              Hopefully this update will materialise and everything will go smoothly - I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

That should come in time for my 3rd service in July when I aimed to get the maps updated.

Comment

Free satnav updates available on the Vauxhall Peugeot clones (Grandland/Crossland) Should be available across the board.

Comment

Update on my issue, which is now resolved.
                    The promised map update did not occur and I exhausted the complete Resolver escalation path within Vauxhall (who failed to reply to any messages after having sent the update voucher).
                    I used Resolver to escalate to the Motor Ombudsman who agreed I had a case and contacted Vauxhall. Despite having previously twice told me that HERE did not supply maps for my car, Vauxhall sent a link to the HERE website which listed an update for my model year and agreed to pay for the update (the original vouched they sent me expired last year). I purchased and installed the update and it works! So, assuming Vauxhall refund the update cost, as promised, I'm happy, though why they couldn't sort it out without me having to involve the Ombudsman is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by BillI View Post
                      Update on my issue, which is now resolved.
                      The promised map update did not occur and I exhausted the complete Resolver escalation path within Vauxhall (who failed to reply to any messages after having sent the update voucher).
                      I used Resolver to escalate to the Motor Ombudsman who agreed I had a case and contacted Vauxhall. Despite having previously twice told me that HERE did not supply maps for my car, Vauxhall sent a link to the HERE website which listed an update for my model year and agreed to pay for the update (the original vouched they sent me expired last year). I purchased and installed the update and it works! So, assuming Vauxhall refund the update cost, as promised, I'm happy, though why they couldn't sort it out without me having to involve the Ombudsman is beyond me.
                      Hi

Just noticed that you've been on for some time but never introduced yourself to the forum.

Can you go here
                      https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/we...-introductions

and introduce yourself please.

We like members old and new, who haven't done so, to do this

Thanks

Comment

Glad you got it sorted...

The links don't work.

Comment

marko301, thanks.
                          Don't really understand your comment about the links not working as there aren't any - if you mean the 'HERE' text, these aren't links but the name of Vauxhall's map supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by BillI View Post
                            marko301, thanks.
                            Don't really understand your comment about the links not working as there aren't any - if you mean the 'HERE' text, these aren't links but the name of Vauxhall's map supplier.
                            Oh ok...Yeah I thought they were supposed to be links. No worries.

Comment

so theses get a free update but not insignias?

deam.m
                              Whether you’ve had an accident, need roadside assistance or just the owners’ manual for your vehicle, you’ve come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                              X