Oil pick up. Low pressure, not seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pick up. Low pressure, not seal?

Hi guys other day I parked up at home after a 50 mile drive, anyway turned engine off and noticed a warning flash up, thought it was about a bulb, anyway quickly turned back on so probs 30 seconds from off to back on to see message which did come on saying front driving lamp.. hit clear and then the beeping continued with message low oil pressure stop engine.. so I did.
    Gave it a hour car fired up drone no noises and still only 1 lamp message, iv not driven car for few days but have started it and oil message hasn’t returned even today heavy frost -3, could this be the seal or something else with it only showing after a quick off and on with engine? I do plan on doing the seal just cash is tight at moment with baby on the way. Cheers.

Originally posted by Rich28uk View Post
    Hi guys other day I parked up at home after a 50 mile drive, anyway turned engine off and noticed a warning flash up, thought it was about a bulb, anyway quickly turned back on so probs 30 seconds from off to back on to see message which did come on saying front driving lamp.. hit clear and then the beeping continued with message low oil pressure stop engine.. so I did.
    Gave it a hour car fired up drone no noises and still only 1 lamp message, iv not driven car for few days but have started it and oil message hasn’t returned even today heavy frost -3, could this be the seal or something else with it only showing after a quick off and on with engine? I do plan on doing the seal just cash is tight at moment with baby on the way. Cheers.
    If I was u I'd get that seal done, look back at my posts, my engine was knackered, and I'm back in a 06 veccy Sri

Comment

I will do, was yours knackered soon as light came on? Mine still sounds fine.

Comment

I will do, was yours knackered soon as light came on? Mine still sounds fine.
        The car was juddering and I had loss of power before the light came on , then when it did I immediately stopped, turned out to be the clutch and flywheel , and with everyone's knowledge on here I told the mechanic which he knew what I was on about , but there was metal shavings in the oil , and the engine had locked , it was well knackered mate

Comment

That’s not good! Mine inc the drive home was still pulling like a train, 88,500 miles. I just wondered if the light came on because Maby oil was draining down then thrown back up with the off and on of engine within 30 seconds. And most seem to say it comes on cold morning, mine hasn’t only that once.

Comment

That’s not good! Mine inc the drive home was still pulling like a train, 88,500 miles. I just wondered if the light came on because Maby oil was draining down then thrown back up with the off and on of engine within 30 seconds. And most seem to say it comes on cold morning, mine hasn’t only that once.
            Ok but after my ordeal I wouldnt risk it personally , a team leader in work had the light on only on cold mornings , then he part exed his insignia for a Renault kadjar (I think that's it) and they phoned him up and said what's wrong with this engine it's knackered, he had a lucky escape

Comment

Did he say how long his light was coming on for? Again his was cold mornings, mine even today in heavy frost hasn’t, engine always sounds very clattery second it’s started then goes to usual Vauxhall rattle idle but always been like that inc previous Vauxhall’s iv had.

Comment

Did he say how long his light was coming on for? Again his was cold mornings, mine even today in heavy frost hasn’t, engine always sounds very clattery second it’s started then goes to usual Vauxhall rattle idle but always been like that inc previous Vauxhall’s iv had.
                He said it was like it for atleast 2 months

Comment

Just not worth the risk and hoping it won't "happen to me"------need to get it sorted even more so with the winter months coming on------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                    Just not worth the risk and hoping it won't "happen to me"------need to get it sorted even more so with the winter months coming on------Dave
                    I'm gutted Dave, I loved my insignia, broke my heart selling it for 250 like , don't get me wrong this Vectra is a good one, I just repaired the common injector 3plug wiring harness tonight , works a treat

Comment

Loved my Vectra too---but the Insignia to me is a better car just need to keep on top of it with regular servicing and use good quality parts---these cheap oils and filters are just not worth it--------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                        Love my Vectra too---but the Insignia to me is a better car just need to keep on top of it with regular servicing and use good quality parts---these cheap oils and filters are just not worth it--------Dave
                        True mate

Comment

Must admit I had a 08 vectra design with the 1.8vvt petrol engine... hated it, oil leaks, dodgy thermostats, leaking rocker cover.. that said insignias seem to be as bad for needing a constant supply of parts, soon as it’s fixed I’ll be moving it on. Back to previous, I can understand damage being done if it was flashing for a few months, a mate of mine has had it flashing every morning for last 6 months or so and asked me about it other week so explained it’s the seal. I’m just wondering if it’s safe to drive to garage if it is like that, it’s not making a noise apart from the usual racket on start up then settles a couple of seconds into it’s regular noise, why do Vauxhall diesels sound like tin cans full of gravel? The garage I use is only mile and half.

Comment

Quick update, had to use car today to a urgent call out, with no other car to jump in, so insignia started without any warnings, drove to job, mix of towns and fast 60mph country roads up steep hills, car drive fine, stopped, did job, back in started fine got home and thought I’d test to see if it could recreate warning so did same as other day, parked up, engine off then within 30 seconds started it again, then there it was oil pressure low, stopped engine gave it five/ ten mins started again, so warning. Does this sounds like the seal? Or more sensor issue?

Comment

Quick update, had to use car today to a urgent call out, with no other car to jump in, so insignia started without any warnings, drove to job, mix of towns and fast 60mph country roads up steep hills, car drive fine, stopped, did job, back in started fine got home and thought I’d test to see if it could recreate warning so did same as other day, parked up, engine off then within 30 seconds started it again, then there it was oil pressure low, stopped engine gave it five/ ten mins started again, so warning. Does this sounds like the seal? Or more sensor issue?
                              I don't know myself mate but there's Def something going on , there might be a few on here that know more on the subject

Comment

Working...
                              X