Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil change nightmare!

Why can't things just be simple?!
    Decided to give my car a full oil and filter change today, should be pretty straight forward! I had my car Jacked a couple feet off the ground, removed my front right wheel, then undid all those awful plastic poppers. Finally removed all the plastic in my way, located the sump plug, and the whole head of the bolt is just a twisted mess!
    *Lots of swear words*
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Use that to undo your plug, be careful. That's how I have had to remove it.
    Just catch it in one place and using hammer try to unscrew it

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
      Use that to undo your plug, be careful. That's how I have had to remove it.
      Just catch it in one place and using hammer try to unscrew it
      I'm borrowing the local garages pit in the morning, so I can swing off it if I need to! Yeah, was thinking that might be the option, again, will be easier standing up! Haha
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Sounds like cow boys been working on it in the past, having learned throu past experience when ever I am doing the first oil change in my ownership on any car I always buy new sump plug, even if it looks ok they can be so tight that they need persuasion with above tools.

Comment

I also like to use the specified torque setting on refitting the plug.
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Well to add to my never ending list of bad luck, I managed to get really ill overnight, so now I'm not going anywhere and will have to do my oil change another day

Comment

Had the same trouble with mine, took it to indi garage to change oil and fit new sump plug, in the end. Thing is, car had been serviced by a dealer from new, It's the reliance they have on the blasted windy guns
              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

I can't understand why they do this.
                I did the oil in mine when I got it but had to order a new sump plug from VX...was only £6.

As ilunn says.....cowboys.

Comment

Good pair of quality mole grips and strong arm and be off in no time

Comment

Got the flu, won't have a strong arm for a while, all my new mods just turned up for the car too, really wanna get it all done but am stuck moaning at home while my wife makes me soup

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                      Got the flu, won't have a strong arm for a while, all my new mods just turned up for the car too, really wanna get it all done but am stuck moaning at home while my wife makes me soup
                      Wit kinda soop?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                        Wit kinda soop?
                        Soft shite soup
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            Wit kinda soop?
                            Lumpy chicken soup, none of that soft shite soup exclusiv. Dave eats

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                              Lumpy chicken soup, none of that soft shite soup exclusiv. Dave eats
                              Ooooohhhhh nice.
                              Canny beat it when the chicken is chunky

Comment

Working...
                              X